Windows Phone 8.1 core may have been finished today
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
April 2nd - More Lumias, and WP8.1
930 + wp8.1 will be a masterpiece.
10. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Rodney must be reading this, though he is"" limited
13. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
WP8.1... we'll have to see if they have fixed the huge list of flaws.
That will decide if 930 will be a masterpiece or not (The hardware will be, though).
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 1927; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Flaws for people with major issues...imo that is.
The only big flaw i encounter on low end nokias is unable to install to sd card for apps.
Nothing that droid has that i am lusting over that is considered a 'flaw'.
27. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
"The only big flaw i encounter on low end nokias is unable to install to sd card for apps."
Then its apparent you are just a light user and not explored Windows Phone completely, over a prolonged duration. You most probably use another device at the same time.
Also, Its the case with high end Windows Phones, too.
2. gigaraga (Posts: 1367; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Is it going to look as boring and as similar looking as Windows Phone 7?
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
it will be the same , nothing new nothing exciting, same as w7
get rid of those bathroom tiles and replace it with drop down notification
11. timukh (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 all have almost same features. Most of them were under the hood. And 4.1 was announced in June 2012. So u see before bashing wp u should do a little study on ur fav OS too. They are all the same. Only diff is that wp started late.
14. dorian827 (Posts: 130; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I love the tiles and Metro experience. Sure beats the messy, many rainbow icons coming from a former Android user.
I just recently switched from Android to Windows Phone. I love the entire feel of Windows Phone. Its not as feature rich yet but provides a promising experience. With Windows being a dominant software company im certain there new features will deliver in comparison to Android and IOS.
22. sgodsell (Posts: 1388; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Similar, yes. But closed and with lots of limits and restrictions.
24. elitewolverine (Posts: 1927; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yes because everyone wants to root their phone and blow the warranty. Yes cause everyone wants to customize the look.
While the option there is fun, on a day to day basis 9/10 people do not care.
Windows missed the touch ui boat and is playing catchup. But doing so in a manner that imo is much nicer than what droid has offered.
I love not having to babysit my WP like i feel i am doing with the droid.
I love the tiles as well.
19. papss (unregistered)
Get over it.. WP isn't going to have icons like everyone else. Its for folks that want something fresh
29. dorian827 (Posts: 130; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Id much rather have the tiles than messy icons.
17. nbringer (Posts: 178; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
Yes. Just as all the other OS-es out there.
18. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Can't even use a wallpaper as a background, pffft.. Bitch please
20. papss (unregistered)
No wallpaper?"? Oh my god!! Terrible..
25. elitewolverine (Posts: 1927; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yes because that wall paper on every droid phone is covered up in icons. Pffft
4. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
(CXE)team member lol, and this is great news.. My lumia awaits .....
7. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1119; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
This is great news now if they could change the shape of the windows 8/8.1 tiles say round off their 90 degree corners or put slight curves in the sides of the tiles to make them better looking people would buy more Windows smart phones. this may sound like a dumb gripe but People wont but what looks homely or ugly to them. by the way I have a Windows 8 smart phone and love it. however people have complained about how the tiles look. it wont hurt to give them a refresh in their shape.
8. Liveitup (Posts: 1503; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I totally disagree with that especially at a time when the industry is moving away from curved corners to straight ones. Curved corners are symbolic of the past.
9. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
i like straight corners phone, Z. L925. OPPO7 . LENOVEK800
12. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
By then both Android and iOS will have gotten new features which means its gonna have to continue playing catch up and just like that the same old wp story goes sequal.
15. dorian827 (Posts: 130; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Do you remeber the Google G1 when Android first released? Electronics and Technology is all about catch up and follow.
21. papss (unregistered)
Its hard to take your comment serious when you mention IOS and added features. Go home you're drunk
26. elitewolverine (Posts: 1927; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Really there is another update other than kitkat to be released by summer? How long did kitkat take? How long did 2.x take to hit 4.x?
28. dorian827 (Posts: 130; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
Are you asking me or telling @papss that Google also took a long time to get where they're at?
16. yahia_malka (Posts: 102; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
Thats not true , i read on nokia that the update will be available once its released , stupid site