WhatsApp says it now has 600 million active users
1. Busyboy (Posts: 416; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
1$x600M=$600m. And PA says "only source of revenue is its $1 per year subscription fee."
3. Anshulonweb (Posts: 370; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
i think there much more than what we can see....first of all not all 600 million users are paying 1$....whatsapp is free for one year and sometimes more(mine is free for 2 years)....even if all users start paying the money even then it will take Facebook close to 30 years to recover the amount they bought whatsapp for....the users are not main source of income but there data is
....the total user data is worth billions to the agencies like NSA.....
5. mrochester (Posts: 67; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
And there are many of us who have a lifetime complimentary membership too.
2. lolatfailphones (Posts: 153; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
How about that dirtbag update his app every now and then? It's filled with bugs and still no stickers nor free calls.
6. rihel_95 (Posts: 240; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
according to PA, 200m(messenger)+600m(whtsapp)=800m user base of Facebook inc. leaving out 200m instagram, what PA is not considering is that most of the users will be common to FB,whatsapp and instagram.