Watch Dead Trigger 2 running on a Project Shield console by NVIDIA
1. ph00ny (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I had no idea that 3d games ran on CPU cores instead of GPU cores
8. zazori08 (Posts: 113; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
damn dude. real genius. then what is the purpose the the 72-core GPU? so many stopeed readers gathered in this site.
9. Dr.Phil (Posts: 790; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
While I see the point you are trying to make, it is noteworthy to point out that games do use some of the processing power of the CPU. Now, when it comes to how much of it is used will depend on the game. The CPU processes the data before the GPU does, so the more powerful and efficient your CPU means it will allow your GPU to be used to it's full potential. If the CPU isn't efficient enough to handle the processes then it will cause a bottleneck which will in turn mean your GPU will not be used to it's full potential. Let's just say there is a reason why the games you buy for your PC require a certain minimum CPU and GPU to run. Some games will require almost 100% of the CPU power to run depending on how powerful the CPU is and what game it is.
2. Snap123 (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I'd rather get a tegra 4 smartphone paired with a moga controller than this thing it looks bulky. Just a preference.
3. Jonathan41 (Posts: 524; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Put that chip in a Android phone and I'll preorder it. Paying in full that day.
5. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Good Guy Madfinger.
Creates an awesome, epic, game. Lets people play it for free.
7. buccob (Posts: 725; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
And when it was paid, it was only $1... I would have paid $3 for it.
12. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 538; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
On the other hand there is Scumbag Gameloft.
Does bad ports of iOS games that have several performance issues and charge for it.
10. papss (Posts: 2179; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Hmmm I wonder if my iPad 4 or Asus tf700 will have problems running this game. I like the first one
11. Luuthian (Posts: 163; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
The iPad 4 is just a hair less powerful than a Tegra 4. This game will run just fine :).