Verizon customers take over poll to demand Galaxy Nexus release date
1. Alantef posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:10 6 0
wow really and i thought i was pissed off about this phone lol
6. testman22 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:35 6 0
Id rather have it a few weeks late with all the bugs worked out.
8. roldefol posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:39 12 0
Who's to say it has bugs? Verizon's just sitting on it because they have other new phones (full of profitable bloatware) to sell first.
13. Owlet posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:08 6 0
Exactly. It is unfortunate for us, but c'mon, it's understandable. That, and it having the sammich. Just have to wait a bit more. ;)
37. mannyfs posted on 17 Nov 2011, 15:04 5 0
I think you are right.its a dumb strategy since phones (specially androids) get outdated by the min that by the time they actually release them, the new one is already announced -_-
44. nickjjay posted on 17 Nov 2011, 17:35 0 0
That a good point.
43. beatsandmelody posted on 17 Nov 2011, 17:35 1 0
And that's fine if they want to implement that business strategy, but they could still give us a damn release date. I mean, we're halfway through the month. So it's either coming out within the next two weeks OR it's going to be delayed. Bah. I only care so much because my Droid 1 is on some serious life support. My phone is basically like Chev Chelios right now. It needs to run at a good clock speed and get charged up often. Very often. I could probably buy a new battery, but the GN is supposed to be out this month.
7. GALAXY-S posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:38 3 0
sucks for us tmo cust. we dont even know if were getting it :(
47. lubba posted on 18 Nov 2011, 07:43 2 0
Should get android fans together and form "occupy tmo."
9. mandkeee posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:39 3 14
im sure those people were from samsung.....
im working one of verizon store in east-side....and almost 90% of our customer hate android...( most samsung )
11. GALAXY-S posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:57 13 0
let me guess.. your that rep that has iphone stamped on his forehead..
12. mozes316 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 09:59 9 0
I work at Verizon in Maryland and Samsung, Apple and HTC are all doing very well from what I can see.
15. Owlet posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:21 11 0
East side of middle school where kiddies need simple toys to ease into the world of technology. Or east side of old folks home, I heard they are getting big time into "smart"phones nowadays.
21. Habib posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:55 5 0
lol that is a bull!
i work in East Side, Virginia ... from fredericksburg to all the way alexandria! ppl want Razr .. samsung and HTC is goin well ( funny thing is most ppl dont even know htc launched an incredible phone( rezound) :D!
and not to forget they do ask for IPHONE 4.. 8 Giga byte
48. roscuthiii posted on 18 Nov 2011, 11:22 0 0
Verizon... since the phone is now available elsewhere.
18. steven252000 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:28 5 0
Hey......they gotta wait until its old news and out of date before they release it. All the over seas carries have to get it first. I guess they have gotten a little better with releases but in the not to recent past Verizon was always late to the game on releases. But I am with everyone else.....RELEASE THE PHONE!!!
25. MikeG77 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 11:52 0 0
Yeh all the international carriers are GSM so thats why they get it first plus most people are buying the phone at retail so Samsung makes more money.
42. DANOinSD posted on 17 Nov 2011, 17:01 5 0
RELEASE THE KRAKKEN!!! Err wait wrong page....
RELEASE THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY!! Every second waiting for this phone is another second closer to me saying FARK YO VERIZON!!
Bout to buy me a HSPA version and run it on AT&T just to spite!!
19. mozes316 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:39 2 0
Funny thing is, I just just recieved Galaxy Nexus gel cases at my job like 5 minutes ago... I'm taking it as a sign. lol
20. MikeG77 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 10:50 5 0
Lets see RAZR was released on 11/11 and Rezound on 11/14 which means were not going to see a realease date till 11/28. The reason why is that people who bought either phone will be outside of the 14 day return policy.
On a side note why is tt that you can remove or hide the bloatware on the RAZR but not on other
23. Owlet posted on 17 Nov 2011, 11:03 5 0
I was wondering the same thing. But at least it's a step in the right direction.
24. MikeG77 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 11:45 4 0
Very true but you would that think Verizon would have learned there lesson about adding and removing things that consumers dont want or need.
31. roldefol posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:37 3 3
The average consumer doesn't complain. They're all used to bloatware from the crap Verizon's been loading onto dumbphones for years. They'll just remove bloatstuff from the desktop if they don't like it. This is just like the locked bootloader issue... not enough consumers care for VZW to change their policies.
32. Synack posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:47 5 0
14-day policy is out of effect for the holidays. Starting Nov 15th you have until Jan 9th to return your phone for a $35 restocking fee. Pretty baller.
41. MikeG77 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 16:08 3 0
Well they should care but maybe Verizon will follow Sprint and At@t's lead and give us the option to remove unwanted bloatware.
22. kpfirefighter posted on 17 Nov 2011, 11:01 6 0
Verizon is the hold up. I'm sure they want to give the other two heavy hitters a chance. Problem is they release a new phone almost every month. Sales hit thier peak what? three four days later than start to taper off. People are going to buy the razr and htc than take them back to get the nexus. Then those phones are used and sold as refubs. They are losing lots of money. Verizon is probably waiting until after the grace period to return those phones! then they will give us a couple release dates and then change them a couple times! and we will follow like little fools!
27. cupcake posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:03 3 0
That's actually exactly what it is... I remember hearing that when I worked for corporate.
28. MikeG77 posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:12 3 0
Actually if you return the phone the phones are not always sold as refurbs. Depending on why its returned it may go back to the manufacturer and Verizon gets a full credit for the device so there not losing any money.
Hopefully people can wait a little longer then we can all make informed decisions, avoid any return fees and get the phone we all want.
26. cupcake posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:02 0 0
I'd be curious to know what's in the 'other' catagory.. o.0
29. porkbrains posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:18 4 0
Y'all wrong about the 14 day window. Verizon extended its return policy for the holiday season. Starting 11/15 you can return any phone purchased until January 9. Nexus will launch the day before Thanksgiving, a clever marketing move to get the early adopters showing off their phones to their friends and family the next day (Thanksgiving being the day before the biggest shopping day of the year).
30. Lionheartcahc posted on 17 Nov 2011, 12:21 4 0
well i got good news guys and gals.
i was just at my local verizon store and they have 12 units coming in tomorrow/saturday.going into the system on sunday and going out for sale on monday(21st) i saw the screen and it was all there. YAY!!
36. Lionheartcahc posted on 17 Nov 2011, 14:47 0 0
go to your local verizon retailer and they should tell you the same thing my brother.
38. Bethistopheles posted on 17 Nov 2011, 15:05 0 0
Are you in the US or Canada? I saw some article about them being ready for presale on the 21 in our neighbour to the north, but nothing about USA release.... :(
40. Lionheartcahc posted on 17 Nov 2011, 15:30 1 0
USA. i stopped as a joke to be honest and the guy knew about the phone and spun the screen around to show me the details.it had a delivery date/system date and sell date and quantity. i didn't have my phone on me or i would have taken a picture of it. i as much as anyone want this phone and i am hoping everything was true
45. protozeloz posted on 17 Nov 2011, 18:59 0 0
171 out of 500 ppl makes 32% of complaints, and that's only the people who though it was a good idea...
Off you go
39. Bethistopheles posted on 17 Nov 2011, 15:06 0 0
Don't offer any reasons why though. Wouldn't want to be helpful or anything.
46. CRICKETownz posted on 17 Nov 2011, 21:05 0 0
Smh...this is a person who has entirely too much time on their hands.