Upgrade to a new Samsung smartphone and get paid for your old device
While the entire process is rather simple, there is a drawback. The money you get for your old handset from Samsung is not as much as you would get arranging a private transaction, but it is a lot easier. Even if you purchased your new Samsung smartphone 30 days ago, along as you have the proof of purchase, you can still take advantage of the deal. Depending on the condition of your old handset, your could receive as much as $300 for it.
source: Samsung via Phandroid
1. EdwardFDU3 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
not sure if samsung are crazy rich or just being stupid
4. sorcio46 (Posts: 395; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
And more important... Why are you posting s**t son?
28. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
why is that crazy?
They give you $100 bux for your old SGS1, and you go buy an SGS3. They keep their customers and they still made money. They still charge the carriers 500-600+ for an SGS3 regardless of what the carrier sells it at. They may not make as much money this way, but anyone that is on the fence between a new SGS3 or an iphone or any other phone might be more likely to go SGS3 with this incentive, so its actually more money, not less since they are getting customers they might not have gotten before.
8. Aeires (unregistered)
More like crazy like a fox.
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
It would be much better that give us the ics update because some people prefers its own old classic phone...
23. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Agree! ics update is Free Of Charge!
20. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3552; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's a waste of time. Why not just sell it on ebay or craigslist and get more money?
2. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Lol thats kinda cool. I wanna see what this new device is that they are going to unveil. Ive been wanting the GS3 or the Galaxy Note really badly. If they announce the GN2. then im jumping all over this. i got a quote for my iPhone. 275. Sweet! lol
6. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
you should tryhttp://www.orangeoffer.com/ind
ex.phpthey gave me 85 for a broken HTC ONE X.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you can get more from other sources like the article mentioned.
19. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
If you had read the article, it talks about private transactions as opposed to other sources.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
private transactions are another source and other sources have ways to make private transactions.
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5794; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Magic 8 Ball says Apple is going to ammend their complaint against Sammy to add predatory marketing practices.
5. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I wonder what they'll do with those old phones~~~
42. A.aoudi (Posts: 125; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
They can alter the parts and use them in the newer phones.
10. AstronautJones (Posts: 263; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I wonder what will get $300? I looked a month ago and they only offered $150 for a Skyrocket. Maybe the $300 is for an iPhone?
27. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
iPhone 4S 64GB in best condition gets you only $250. My Galaxy S 4G would only bring in $70 (I paid $99 for it over a year ago).
11. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
The original article from phandroid.com is much better
Alan you should just write a link to the original articles you try to copy
24. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
But at the end of article there is a link to phandroid.com or I have missed something? :)
12. georgevillanueva (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Does this work if your contract isn't up?
14. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
too bad i got an old samsung but dont plan on buying a new samsung ..
15. JunkCreek (Posts: 402; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
iPhone should go this as well. imagine u must throw ur $500-800 to buy a new all out or nothing another $700-900. But iUser always claim they iRich anyway. So just be it.
17. Vince805 (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
they will give me $75 for my old htc incredible 2. But I already have the S3!!! I will just sell it to someone looking for a old verizon phone for $100 lol
18. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
i think if they get iphones , they will take back their chipset , camera and then make the iphone drop from 20 floors to see samsung hates aplee
29. pfroo40 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
You can get more by trading it in at Best Buy Mobile or Radio Shack, less hassle and no wait time.
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If Samsung is selling so well why are they acting desperate
31. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
cutting deals isn't desperation, it's maximizing sales.
37. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
if you knew about marketing it is acting desperate.. marketing 101..son
38. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5598; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
we're talking about Samsung here, #1 phone company in the world. tell me how that works.
40. aikonix (Posts: 59; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
@KingKurogii, you are correct, they are #1 and they are not desperate.
@Taco50, Taco, again, your dumb comments just express again.. Samsung is not desperate like Apple, sorry, nice try you iFish.
32. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
desperate would be suing everyone around you over rectangles because you lack the capability to compete.
33. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How do you figure Apple can't compete?
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dose Apple pay any fees to any company for the features it uses on its phone!
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
They are the only company that litigates....!
36. TortillaSlap (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
maybe you havent noticed their shrinking market percentages.. even with their "record sales". lol.
41. yusuf_akhsan (Posts: 2; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
will this work in my country "Indonesia"?