Tweet: Nokia packing four new handsets in its luggage for trip to Barcelona
Nokia Lumia 720. This model has similar specs to the Lumia 520, but with a larger 4.3 inch screen and a 6MP camera on back. The last two handsets are rumored to be the phones codenamed the Laser and the Catwalk. Both are high-end handsets said to be coming to Verizon. The Catwalk is allegedly a lighter, thinner version of the Nokia Lumia 920 with a lightweight aluminum body. The Laser is rumored to be the Windows Phone flavored model with the 41MP PureView camera sensor.
So now it looks like we have four new reasons to look forward to MWC 2013, which starts a week from Monday.
source: @ailon via WMPoweruser
19. tusshharish (Posts: 333; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
what a pleasant surprise nokia ........i know that you would never disappoint us...
35. dynamo.one (Posts: 62; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
nokia is doing a great job...we'll have really good devices to choose..like samsung gs4, moto x, htc one, and now this. this is really cool!
63. daftastic (Posts: 87; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Android is everywhere, Nokia's fine where they are, but they only need to refine WP8 further.
21. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Curious whether the PureView 41 Mp device gets to share the L9X0 numbering scheme, or does it get its own number (L10X0)?
Either way, PureView 41 Mp on VZW could be a reason for me to consider a WP8 Nokia as my next phone. Props to Nokia if they release the new flagship in a reasonable timeframe.
41. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
828 would imply an improvement to the Symbian edition. If it is a WP8 version, it would probably be either an L930/L940 or L1010 (?). Maybe the VZW flagships get the L930 and L940 designations?
Then again, Nokia is supposed to be telling all in a week from Monday.
51. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5281; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I am wondering if this is the start of the 'leaking' in the run-up to MWC?
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2810; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
OMG Nokia is in profit ... with BADA's market share being more than WP ... just imagine
what happens to Samsung after Feb 25 :D
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
There's hope for mankind once again! :D
12. volcano (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Catwalk or verizon 920 variant - EOS - L720 - L520
29. akki20892 (Posts: 2656; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
verizon 920 not catwalk because verizon need high end nokia..........and catwalk will announce in other event......!!!
67. volcano (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
i didnt say catwalk = verizon 920 i said catwalk OR verizon 920 variant
one of them will be announced in wmc.
69. akki20892 (Posts: 2656; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i said verizon 920 will announce. and catwalk release later
13. kaliil10 (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 May 2012)
So it will be called Nokia Lumia laser right?
17. drzonw (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Jan 2013)
Nope, those are just codenames. Expect Lumia + number
20. bendaman (Posts: 7; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
When are they going to release the Nokia 420?
22. krimHD (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 May 2012)
long live nokia and lumia.. still love symbian
65. asingha94 (Posts: 266; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Happy being a n8 holder.They are still supporting Symbian though it is declared as a dead os.;.So long live Nokia & Symbian,.
31. -box- (Posts: 3565; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Always is a long time. Symbian is great, but can be outdated. Much like how we don't use Windows 98 anymore.
28. akki20892 (Posts: 2656; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
can't wait to see those four new devices because it will be unique........!!!
30. Sankyaku (Posts: 6; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Ew if a high end Nokia is coming out for Verizon I am going to ditch Nokia.
33. -box- (Posts: 3565; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
They're a crummy carrier but they have over 100 million subscribers, and subscribers with a history of trying new things (the Droid series for example - how many people refer to Android as just Droid because of that?) so it is a good move for Nokia
32. -box- (Posts: 3565; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I really hope this carrier-exclusive baloney ends ASAP. Nokia needs more sales, and best way to do that (as Samsung and apple can attest) is saturation. Nit many customers are going to eat carrier ETFs just to get a phone with someone else unless there is added incentive.
38. lubba (Posts: 1310; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Who the f**k is going around thumbing people down for reasonable posts!
46. samystic (Posts: 187; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)
it is that idiot called 'TROLL'... he comes invited in a Nokia area and vomits nonsense
68. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Come on man! Isn't it obvious?
What do trolls do?
Trolling is his job.
39. Taters (Posts: 2368; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Unfortunately it is Nokia, so even if it only has a 4.5 inch screen and is thinner and lighter than the 920, it's still going to be roughly the same size as the 5 inch screen Xperia Z and ZL. Which is a failure.
HTC will be only slightly worse having a 4.7 inch screen that is the size of a 5 inch phone.
40. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 145; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Nokia phones are larger than competitors for a reason - watch their devices' torture tests with other gadgets and you'll understand. I'm sure Nokia could make their phones super slim if they want to, but they don't want to soil their reputation for amazingly durable phones.
48. FireDragon (Posts: 107; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Super Sensitive Screen, Yes keep them coming.
64. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
HTC M7 and these new phones from nokia.. will certainly make headaches for Sammys S4..
optimus pro and XZ are having a hard time to beat galaxy series, just concluded from the reviews..