Tim Cook's Twitter account blocks folks that dissed the blurry photo post
1. shy2papa (Posts: 291; Member since: 23 Jan 2010)
Lol now that's even alot funnier, seriously Apple can't take constructive criticism lol
18. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3606; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Apple needs to lighten up and have a little sense of humor.
It could've been divert to something funny and witty if they thought about it long and well enough.
74. My1cent (Posts: 339; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Y'all need to wear 3D glasses to see the glorious moment at its depth of field!!!
30. joevsyou (Posts: 672; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
they have their head stuck up their ass's Thats why i will never buy a apple phone as their competition is always ahead
56. medicci37 (Posts: 1269; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Apple can't take any criticism. Like a bunch of no d*ck Scientology nuts
2. manojmcn (Posts: 389; Member since: 16 Jul 2015)
Tim Cook is a nice person. But the narcissistic "i" cult needed a humiliation to get them to ground. And this is the moment. Celebrate. Apple has nothing to lose here except narcissistic pride.
3. joey_sfb (Posts: 5258; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
From bad to worse. Now there more things to talk about. First, its the out of focus iPhone shot now its Apple PR defensive behavior.
I thought iPhone 6s plus has hardware OIS, and for the price they are charging iPhone 6/6s should get it too.
5. Sidewinder (Posts: 394; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
They're just acting like a bunch of cry babies..
Mom, these mean kids are making fun of the pic I posted. Block them and teach them a lesson...
6. Tarox (Posts: 102; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
hahaha apple :D
I don't know about the downscaling of twitter, but tbh, that second pic looks like s**t as well....
12. BradyCrack (Posts: 451; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
I think the second one one is much better.
19. Tarox (Posts: 102; Member since: 17 Feb 2015)
yes it for sure is much better. But still it's quite a bad picture that I personally wouldn't post on public channel like facebook and so on
7. Podrick (Posts: 374; Member since: 19 Aug 2015)
Still, I wonder why he even posted a blurry photo like that in the 1st place?
11. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
The screen res. and screen size of 6s is too small to see blur properly, especially to an old man with spectacles.
72. ibend (Posts: 3205; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
but its still great pic by their own standart, lol
62. natypes (Posts: 1051; Member since: 02 Feb 2015)
iPhone people don't know tech, not even the ceo. He had no clue what he was doing.
14. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Oh, thats rich, like you people don't clean up the messes you make?
40. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 430; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Not like cry-babies crying about it and denigrating everyone who notices. But maybe you do?
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 3730; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
You can defend Tim all you like...he still won't give you an iPhone. I'm sure he would be touched by your loyalty though.
47. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
I dont live in India, I don't want handouts and freebies ;)
51. tiger28 (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
You not an honest realist, you just a racist. What are you trying to imply by your comment? I should report your dumb ass to phonearena. They should block your racist ass and no I do not live in India and no I'm not Indian either. I'm just an educated human
58. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1030; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Racism is always a sign of stupidity.
66. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Or he would be glad to "touch him" for his loyalty...lol
15. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
LOL... so childish, i simply wish Apple learn from all criticism & include OIS on next iPhone 7 plus 32gb as a new standard.
17. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Almost every single twitter user that has ever lived has deleted a tweet which attracted the negative attention. Most humans on earth, won't let a mistake stick around. This is not childish. This is cleaning up a mess. Damage control if you will. Or aren't you familiar with the concept?
23. Ordinary (Posts: 2146; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
You wouldnt say this if it was Samsung CEO.
25. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Of course I would. Logic does not discriminate.
37. lyndon420 (Posts: 3730; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Investors don't care about logic. It's no surprise that apple's board of directors took Tim's Twitter account away from him. Apple needs a new CEO, and I need to invest in apple once the shares fall to $1 a piece.
24. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
For a company of their calibre of course it's sounds childish, Apple rarely admited their mistakes (remember how Steve react about antena gate? or bendgate issue? why do you think Apple use stronger aluminum now? they said it's not an issue with 6 plus).
Damage control or whatever you called it, it's only apply for those whose not aware of this issue but me & for some people who frequently visited phonearena (tech enthusiast) it's totally a joke...
26. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Don't you know Steve is dead? Or that they have done a near 360 on the way in which they operate? Becoming besties with Microsoft and all? Cook admits when s**t goes wrong like when Maps was initially launched? He even fired the execs responsible. Damage control, doesn't have to be pretty. It needs to be effective. And yes it is hilarious i agree. Childish, no. Also wrt to your comment on the why do I think they changed to series 7000 Aluminum. I upgrade yearly. I had a 6 plus and it survived everything I threw at it, granted I'm not in the military or anything but it was indeed a durable device for day to day life... The reason behind the 7000 series aluminium, was simply to shut the trolls up who went nuts over a few defective handsets.
59. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1030; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
DefensiveFanboy will suit him better, most of his post are about defending Apple, he also writes long essays here, he's like the anboy equivalent of techiexp
34. Ordinary (Posts: 2146; Member since: 23 Apr 2015)
"who went nuts over a few defective handsets"
35. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
a few hundred out of millions upon millions upon millions... Yes. A few.
41. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 430; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Maybe not everyone is a narcissist like you who needs to post publicly about a bent phone? For a "realist" you sure aren't logical.
48. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Do feel free to point out the lack of logic, in point form if you please.
64. lyndon420 (Posts: 3730; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
1) You're too much of a prude to see the humour in this.
2) See point #1 above.
50. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
3 official reviewers already had (and reported) bent iPhones 6 within 5 days of normal use after first release. Good luck claiming it's still a few, especially when most people won't be reached by an online Twitter account.
Less than 20kg of force isn't excessive for a device sitting in pockets (front or back), so no wonder we see so many reports.
Compare to an S6 Edge that only gets a cracked screen at 50kg (not bend) or the S6 that only bends at 68kg.
55. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Troll this... troll that... it's happened to my friend iP6. Fans will deny, but i simply want to enjoy tech (i'm Apple user too but i'm no worshiper). I bet you wouldn't say the same thing with pengate. Problem is problem they need to be fixed, at least Samsung was mentioned their user to avoid to put the s-pen backward.
57. medicci37 (Posts: 1269; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Maybe Apple will also come out with real multitasking wireless charging amoled & innovation to shut the trolls up..
67. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
A few? They all had the same defect which Apple did fix based on what one poster stated online would fix the issue.
So it wasn't a few. Some peopel dont carry the phoen in their pcket, so the risk of bendign was less. But less risk isn't equal to no risk.
The fact is bruh, a phone that costs $1000 on retail shouldn't bend.
Samsung didnt need the S6 Edge+ to bend to use a better metal, they used it from the very beginning.
Oh and another thing Apple did? They knew it would happen because right after the iPhone 6 was announced, Apple created a replacement program where you coudl pay 50% the retail phone value to get it replaced in the event it was damaged.
Which means they knew it was goign to get damaged much easier and it had nothing to do with the fact it was metal, but that it wasn't reinforced properly.
They simply know you fools don't care, you will still buy it, you will maybe complain, but will still buy it and thus they have no reason to do better.
76. tedkord (Posts: 9942; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Much more than a few. When a 12yo kid can bend one in his hands without straining, there's a problem.
45. Plutonium239 (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Mar 2015)
I have never deleted a tweet, I have never had the need.
52. marorun (Posts: 2928; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Deleted a tweet ok.
Blocking ppl because they say the truth not so much.
60. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1030; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
+1 to this, sadly the blind fanboy wont understand.
20. aleunge (Posts: 30; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Why is this Daniel guy writing in a tone to defend apple even through this is absolutely hilarious at apple's expense? That shot isn't mundane since it's one of those I was there at the Superbowl shots and I'm pretty sure yeah, cook was using an iPhone.
22. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Because generally the web is filled with trolls who have nothing better to do than to bash.
27. Diezparda (Posts: 824; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Can't stand critics? we already know PA was biased, or you're saying this site only accept delusional worshiper? Get real! a professional author aren't supposed to mix their personal preferences.
33. HonestRealist (Posts: 196; Member since: 25 Jan 2016)
Critique and Trolling. There is a difference. Apparently this is a difficult concept to grasp.
54. marorun (Posts: 2928; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
and a concept thats some ppl grasp differently.
Exemple when they do it its critique when others do it its trolling.
68. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7919; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Yea because every ifan finds criticism of Apple to be nothing less than trolling.
So yes you all have no idaa of the difference.
The same thing Fandroid do to others as well. It is a 2-way street. That's is why im not a fan of any platform or brand.
So I can criticize them all equally.