The HTC Velocity 4G surfaced from the Global Certification Forum's database
The HTC Velocity 4G is a 5-inch smartphone with LTE support
1. Birds (Posts: 1086; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Before anyone has the chance to bash this device for not having a 720p screen, I really like the Idea. I mean the ppi is still good. It will be around 220+ so its not bad. It is not like it has that same ppi but on a smaller screen. It has the ppi and screen real estate to be a good device. I'm exited.
10. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
the htc titan/2 has 200 ppi and its still great to look at
8. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
i was just about to say someting about ppi also u beat me to the point! lol
14. Dr.Phil (Posts: 966; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Well also we need to look at the context of the sentence: "It is said that the HTC Velocity 4G will sport a 5-inch screen with qHD resolution (540 by 960 pixels)." The keywords to look at are "it is said." That means it is not confirmed one way or another. It is just rumor now. So, it could very well be 720p or it could be qHD. Either way, I am glad to see more manufacturers adopt 5 inch screens.
15. Dr.Phil (Posts: 966; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Actually I just read on PocketNow, that this device will most likely have a 4.5 inch display, not a 5 inch display. It basically is the HTC Vivid.
16. apocalypsebc (Posts: 148; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
You need to check out the Samsung Galaxy Note and then tell me what you think of this HTC phone. I like HTC and I have a HTC Arrive but they could have done better with the display. Over all it is still a good phone if the rumors are true.
3. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
It's going to look ridiculous, a 5 inch screen is too big for a phone
4. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Yeah like the Samsung Galaxy Note with it's 5.3 inch screen wich already sold over 1 million units. When 4.3 inch screens came out people said the same thing. Bigger screens on smart phones are better for viewing web browsing and composing docs so unless you have tiny hands be thankful
19. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Correction the Samsung Galaxy note sold over 2 million units
12. andro. (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Admitting 5 inch screen sounds too big but don't judge before you see the design,it make have a really small bezel and the screen size may not affect the overall size factor by much
13. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1682; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
ridiculously awesome compared to a tiny iPhone screen haha
5. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
That's not a smartphone, it'll end up kinda like the Galaxy Note but much worse. Don't get me wrong, I love the Galaxy Note because of it's high resolution display, Super AMOLED Plus, Exynos Processor but a device like that from HTC isn't good. Also, the advertisements will be ridiculous just like the Galaxy Note ad.
(Is it a phone? Is it a tablet? You decide!)
They don't know what they're trying to sell!
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4700; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I can imagine the battery hog this will be... and knowing HTC... please come with an extra battery out of the box
7. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I dont think this is coming to the U.S anyway.
9. knights4life03 (Posts: 131; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
its a gsm phone also so if came to the U.S. it will be on at&t most likely
17. Nathan (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jul 2011)
Pocketnow has what looks like HTC advertising renders with the name "HTC Velocity 4G, be the fastest, be the first",as well has a 4.5" Display rather than a 5.0" and an identical design to the HTC Vivid. So its basicly like the Vivid's twin brother the HTC Raider which looks the same but has a 1.5GHz dual-core processor just like the Velocity.
11. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I love HTC, but I have a phone an inch smaller with the same resolution, and it came out over 6 months ago! C'mon man! And having a HTC, I also know how bad the battery life is on my little 4.3 inch Evo, let alone a massive 5 inch screen. This thing won't be much of a "mobile phone"
18. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
Wow 5 inches. Some guys will look down and notice that their smartphone is beating them in length