T-Mobile officially announces the "Bring your own iPhone"
1. ayephoner (Posts: 833; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
seems crazy that they are waiting until 9/12 to do this. apple will be pushing hard that the new iphone is LTE and exactly what that means. tmo will have a hard time selling people on paying full retail for a phone and it only working on 2g speeds.
i guess they are able to tout really fast 3g speeds with the iphone since they do have it in some places. i just hope people outside of those places dont actually bite on this.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6658; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Hope T-Mobile has luck with the customers. I would take 2G speeds and save $50+ on my phone bill any day if I wanted an iPhone, which I don't.
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 9349; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yeah papa we know dude. U hate the iPhone lol.
4. PAPINYC (Posts: 2044; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
What iDon't understand is, how come T Mobile can allow "Unlimited Data" on an iPhone. that's branded for another carrier (in this caseAT&T) but, if you takd them any othr "Unlicked" smartphone they will tell you that you can ONLY have access to their 2G Edge bandwidth.
Talk about hyPocrisy.
9. -box- (Posts: 3571; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
AT&T's 3G bands (and therefore phones designed for AT&T) are incompatible with T-Mobile's EXCEPT with T-Mobile's NEW 1900 MHz band, so it isn't targeted at just iFails. It also means unlocked international phones (like my Nokia 701) get 3G speed, AND unlimited data.
Your argument is invalid.
5. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
T-Mobile unlimited everything included high speed data plan 3G for any unlocked phones.
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Only if the phone supports T-Mobile's 3G bands, which the iPhone doesn't. T-Mobile is adding the iPhone's 3G band to its network, but it only has a few cities covered at this point.
10. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
Which cities? Is there a list that I can find so I can keep up with it?
11. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2614; Member since: 26 May 2011)
12. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its unlimited regardless.. but yea EDGE is butt arse slow. who wants that. Though there are a few million iphone users on Tmobile already using EDGE and Wifi to suppliment.. its soo much cheaper than ATT.
6. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Even though I'm an Android guy I hope the stupid Apple packs the stupid phone with pentaband capabilities, then we wouldn't even be talking about this nonsense, and then everybody and their grandma would be able to flip the finger at AT&T if they so wish
7. cris2001 (Posts: 4; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
doe anybody know if Miami area has 3G refarm for the Iphone? or when will be ready? 2015?
13. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I was told by a manager that Miami is going to be first in FL because of it being the largest metro area. There's no timeline for refarming it yet. I would imagine by the end of the year.