Spike combines a case with a physical QWERTY keyboard for the Apple iPhone
at the same time protecting your device with a case, you might want to take a hard look at purchasing one of the Spike models.
The project is kickstarter funded and so far they have 135 backers who have pledged $7,000 and they need to raise $75,000 with just 35 days left. Where is Mark Cuban when you need him? (Not hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy this year). Spike1 will retail for $35 and a $20 pledge will get you the unit for the iPhone in black. Pledge $25 and you have the choice of receiving the Spike1 in black or white. A pledge of $40 or more gets you the premium Spike2 version which is expected to retail for $60. If you have an interested in getting a product that you need while also helping fund something you might find worthwhile, check out the sourcelink.
source: Kickstarter via RedmondPie
1. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
In all honesty I never had a problem with typing on the iPhone. Despite its small size in screen, its very accurate and so is its auto correct. In all honesty i am still waiting on Google to catch up.
11. TerryCrowley (Posts: 194; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
In all honesty you're a pretty honest person. In all honesty I respect that.
2. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
In all honesty, every auto-correct meme is from an iphone. In all honesty, there's gotta be something to it.
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
That's because the iPhone is popular and well known. Oh and aren't you a clever boy.
4. Captain_Doug (Posts: 940; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Serious dude? Take a joke. I was making fun of you, not your precious Iphone. I'm sure no one has heard of android, blackberry or windows phone either. Wouldn't make sense to make a meme out of those. I'm glad you feel great about being one of the few with small enough fingers to type well on an iphone.
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3075; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Lol I have the Galaxy S3 and I wasn't even upset, I praised you for your cleverness.
12. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Captain_Doug looks like a real douchebag after that conversation
18. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
thumbs down for captain doug for a nasty avi
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The screen may be small, but iOS has really good autocorrect. I use Android, but I wish the autocorrect was as good as iOS. Maybe they made it better in ICS and JB though.
7. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1705; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The iPhone keyboard sucks. What's wrong Apple? Have it locked down so much you can't even change the appearance of the letters when you are using CAPS or not. It's little annoyances like that which make me love Android that much more.
17. axllebeer (Posts: 270; Member since: 05 Apr 2011)
Yes that is my biggest issue with it after playing with my wife's 4s. Trying to type in a password on the the iPhone keyboard makes me feel like I'm using a dumb phone from the mid 90's with no changing of the letters when using CAPS. For a lot for people, it's the little things that count and why I could never use an iPhone to really get things done. If I couldn't have a BlackBerry, I'd take android or WP over iPhone any day.
8. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i love the apple iPhone's keypad! i really dont need a physical keyboard on an iPhone! and if you'll put that on ur iphone, i looks stupid!
9. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Not a good investment if the next iPhone is gonna be of different size.
20. dennisgarcia (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
if you go to the kickstarter website you can see their also making the case for the iphone 5 to be shipped january 2013
10. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Having used physical qwerty keyboards and on screen ones,for a social networker doing a lot of texting,I have to say in all honesty,the physical qwerty keyboard is far and away the most preferable.
14. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Or you could just buy a phone with a physical keyboard. Btw my DROID 4 would beg to differ with your statement that, "The Apple iPhone keyboard is the best in the business."
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The iPhone keyboard isn't "the best in the business." Blackberry's have the best portrait keyboards, and the original Droid line has the best landscape keyboards. For virtual keyboards, well I'd say Swiftkey is the best there.
19. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The iPhone has the worst keyboard, bar none. Even die hard fans must admit that typing on it is a challenge. And customization? God forbid Apple ever allow individualism...