Sony releases pricing for mid-range Sony Xperia M2
The device offers a 4.8 inch screen with resolution of 540 x 960, for a 229ppi pixel density. Under the hood is a quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 with the Adreno 305 GPU on board. 1GB of RAM is included with the phone, which comes with 8GB of native storage, 5GB of which is available to the user. In the probable case that you need more storage, a 32GB microSD slot is available. An 8MP camera is on back, capturing FHD video at 30fps, and a front-facing 2MP snapper graces the handset. The 2300 mAh battery powers the device and Android 4.3 is pre-installed.
The Sony Xperia M2 will be offered in Sony's traditional trio of colors, black, white and purple. A variant of the phone with Dual SIM support will also be available, and those who buy the model will receive 30 free days of access to Music Unlimited.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: GSMInfo.nl (translated)
1. AnukulVcool (unregistered)
at that price xperia sp is still a better choice , it gives adreno 320
9. LGisgood (Posts: 832; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
$400 xperia M2 is over price!
140mm tall and 71mm wide for just 4.8" screen is BULKY !
TFT display @ 229ppi
small battery 2300mAh compare to other competitor
NO 4.4.2 KITKAT ?
14. nokia12 (Posts: 452; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
i am a die hard sony fan but don't know why they have started 2014 like HTC.. first they priced Xperia T2 ultra 520$ and now this 400$ .. sony is going mad... sony please correct your pricing you had the best pricing and mid ranger specs in 2013. don't become arrogant..
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
yeah but u don't know if SP model will get it's KITKAT update.
2. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
The image in the article is the Previous Xperia M not M2 though..
3. Alan01 (Posts: 289; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Yes, of course. Change has been made.Thanks for the heads up!
4. Doakie (Posts: 1689; Member since: 06 May 2009)
Instafail! 4.8" qHD screen and 8GB internal storage for $399?!? The 8 GB Moto G with a 720p screen is $179.... Anyone who lives in a market where the Moto G is available, and they buy this M2 instead...they're stupid...
5. harigrg33 (Posts: 181; Member since: 20 May 2013)
Can we play 720p video Whn it says 540 x 960 pixels resolution.???
6. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
The Xperia G with 720p display that would compete with Moto G will be more expensive that it? Great............for Motorola
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9884; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Moto X is in the same price point... Sony dropped the ball with their pricing on this phone.
8. mayur007 (Posts: 518; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i think they are gaining ego...
Apple then Samsung now sony...
11. boosook (Posts: 1301; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Too pricey for the poor resolution of the screen.
15. toink (unregistered)
Its an Sony. The brand comes with a price, not just the specs.
17. Odiin (Posts: 334; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
Still no 720p n asking too much, Sony its not going to workout. Too bad.
18. Looser99 (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
Guys don't freak out please... It's just introductory price. I think it will be available for €200/$250 within 6 months. Just think about Xperia SP. It's introductory price was €400/$500 but now it's only €220/€275...
19. najib1312 (Posts: 105; Member since: 08 May 2013)
This is an introductory price and it is in Netherlands!! No one in their right mind would buy Sony phones at launch price. Give it a month, it will become a value-for-money product in no time. That's what always happen to many Sony products.