Sony pegs the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for Xperia SP, T, TX and V as coming by early February
Sony Xperia SP
We hear you re: JB 4.3 for #Xperia T, TX, V, SP - we’re making final preps & will start rolling from end Jan / early Feb”.
As usual, the official rollout will hit different countries, regions and carriers by different times, so the Jelly Bean prompt might hit your phone closer to the end of February, than the beginning, but what's a few more weeks if you know it's coming. This should put to rest the complains about the delay for Sony's midrangers for last year, especially for the Xperia SP, which was promised to arrive in December.
1. somic19 (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
It's about time. I just hope this time is for real..
3. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2326; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah hope it's real and they'll do it continually. Otherwise Sony and LG will remain backwards.
4. aranauser (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
No update for xperia S which was flagship?xperia S has 1GB ram and snapdragon prosessor.great going sony.better find some life in pc n playstation.in mobile buisness,you suck
5. Kuroki (Posts: 74; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
It's qualcomm's fault for not releasing the drivers
7. sinple (Posts: 98; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Its partly qualcomm fault, but there are technically ppl who manage to built stable rom from 4.2.2 to 4.3 to 4.4.2 though. If developer can do it, why cant they?
16. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3874; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Because it has the Snapdragon S3. Qualcomm dropped support for the S3, so no devices that have it will get any more updates past 4.1.
9. Apoorvtheman (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Sony gave me a lot of disappointments but still I love them due to their robust quality,but man you should have atleast given a value pack which was given to galaxy s1 :-)
12. pyradark (Posts: 739; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Be thank that sony manage to release an update for 2012 flagship, whilr galaxy grand, mega and LG L series still not getting any!!!
19. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
The LG Optimus L7 got updated to Android 4.1, so I think it's fair enough
14. pyradark (Posts: 739; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
is SP a flagship???No
I just point out on how great is Sony on updates on their devices every year!! At least they make upgrade compare to other, only the flagship one!!
its better than late than never
15. RohanM (Posts: 119; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Anyways, I am on 4.4.2 already on my Nexus 4... :)
18. pyradark (Posts: 739; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Good for you!! While Im still lovin the 4.3 on my Z ultra!!