Sony D6503 Sirius caught on video running KitKat
The video of the D6503 also shows you the new camera icon for the lock screen. By dragging the icon, you can quick start the camera. We also get to see the photo gallery and how fast and responsive the phone appears to be. With the camera application open, the video shows that there is a low-light option that when pressed, opens up a number of applications for the camera.
Just the other day, we showed you a number of screenshots from the phone, including the 4K video app, and the Creative Effect camera app. We also passed along screenshots revealing the manual 15.5MP camera offered on the handset, and the ability of the Sirius to capture 1080p video at 60fps.
We could see the Sony D6503 Sirius unveiled later this month at MWC in Barcelona.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster
source: RimasFlyil via XperiaBlog
2. datphoneguy (Posts: 154; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Phone looks nice! Pretty thin bezels, and the unit seems less bulky than the Z1...looking forward to the release!
6. vincelongman (Posts: 3317; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Can't see the top and bottom bezels though
I hope the Z2 has similar bezels to their ZL
11. sapibuntinx (Posts: 55; Member since: 08 May 2013)
I've read somewhere this phone would have and extremely thin bezel, and now I believe that...
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 2108; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Hopefully the final version will be more refined because I think it glitched a little (correct me if I'm wrong) at 1:54 where half of the screen went black? I also think Sony should move on from their typical abstract backgrounds as cool as some people may think it is. I'm really looking forward to the announcement!
7. Insignificant (Posts: 192; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
This is very early firmware. You can go to the XDA thread where this all started.
On another note, shameless that iPA source that rip off xperia guide instead of XperiaBlog.
4. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 209; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
See through on screen navigation buttons! Yes! But why didn't the person open the app drawer?!! Pffttt..
8. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 209; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
The app drawer was opened. Haha.. My bad.
15. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Is it in youtube?! Can you please give me the link?!
5. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Man i cant't wait untik this bad boy is released. I just hope it launches on all major US carriers!!! Definitley the smartphone I'll be watching the most untik the release date. I'm not a fan of the on screen buttons though.
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Dammit I wanted to see the notification bar... Sony's current implementation its kinda lame :/ and I hope this gets updated to the new style on 4.4... Based on this will have an ideas of the update for the Z1
12. jeff1434325 (Posts: 97; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
wow, 'Serius'ly,....this phone is Lovely! this will be my next phone....promise:)
14. THE_Hulk (Posts: 55; Member since: 09 Feb 2014)
Can anyone please give me the video link?!
16. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
man this things hot, everything about it is attractive. Hit verizon like you said you would damnit! Would love to spend 6 hundo on this thing! (not really, but i'd have to if i wanted it since my contract ends christmas 2015)
18. SayMobile (Posts: 74; Member since: 29 Jan 2014)
I see round icons . Are we onto something here
19. mokhtar (Posts: 399; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
cant wait to see z2 .. im so sure sony will bomb the markeeet
20. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
This phone looks cool but, knowing how retarded Sony is, they will probably release only a 3g version of this phone in the US just like they did with the Z1. I was quite hopeful that the Z1 was going to be offered in the C6906 version that supports LTE in the US but, I can't get my hands on one.
The other gripe I have with the Z1 is the battery life. What's the point of sticking a huge battery if the battery performance in the phone sucks?
Sony needs to listen to its prospective customers.
21. TougeMobile (Posts: 3; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
Sony needs to add back the function of allowing moving APPs to SD card. Also disable decrease the amount of background apps. The memory is always 60% or more used up. Also the camera under lowlight performs poorly.