Some new Apple iPhone 5 units are coming out of the box with scuff marks and dings
This is a scenario that apparently is taking place throughout the world. Forums and message boards are full of Apple iPhone 5 buyers complaining about finding nicks and small scratches mostly on the side of the unit, although some have had them near the screen on the device. Some have taken to social networking sites like Twitter to spread the sad news.
Back in 2010 when the Apple iPhone 4 launched, buyers quickly complained of screens that had a yellow tint to them. The yellow dots evaporated after a few days, exactly like Apple said they would. And of course, there was the Antennagate problem where buyers of the phone were losing signal stength when holding the phone in a certain manner called the left-handed deathgrip. Apple eventually send buyers a free rubber bumper to prevent user's hands from interfering with the antenna.
Has any one of our loyal readers found a ding or scratch on their newly received Apple iPhone 5? Let us know by dropping a comment in the box below.
1. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 16:49 70 2
And Apple fans talked about Samsung. What goes around comes around!
16. Pings posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:11 50 1
We've seen this before from Apple. They will deny it and claim they have the best support.
19. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:15 28 1
I really, really like your avatar. Mind if I also have it?
27. PhoneArenaUser posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:23 25 0
Take the risk to be sued. :D
49. Pings posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:23 20 1
I know right. I'll claim that I invented it and its likeness. No one else has anything out like it. If anyone else comes out with something like it. Rounded corners, rectangle, and all. I will sue them! Thank you Apple for showing me the way. It's how we innovative.
45. Pings posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:10 17 1
Yea man I love to share.
54. PhoneArenaUser posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:43 1 0
According to my comment #27, it may be a trap for PapaSmurf. :D
74. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 22:22 1 0
94. Pings posted on 23 Sep 2012, 15:03 0 0
I didn't know you were just going to rip it off for this site. lol
96. Pings posted on 23 Sep 2012, 16:42 0 0
You could have asked I would have made you one. Screw it I just made a new one.
40. MikeG77 posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:42 25 0
Customer: I was unboxing my new iPhone and i realized there were scracthes and dents on the antenna. The phone is brand new so how could this happen?
Apple rep: Sir i think its obvious that YOU didnt unbox it right : )
I know its immature but i just had to do it. Yes we all know that something like this can happen to any company but i know if i got a brand new iPhone shipped to my house and it ended up like that i would be livid especially if i was a 1st time Apple customer.
41. jaoowolabi posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:43 7 0
God! My classmate preordered the iphone 5 cuz he said it was the new new.... i almost slapped him. like imma ifan but when i thought about the line stopped for me after 4s. i mean just get an iphone 4s! 4s + iOS6 = 3.5 iphone 5! good enough for me and saves money
42. Angkor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:47 8 0
Some dings on iPhone are workers tried a drop test before put it in the box.
46. PhoneArenaUser posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:13 5 2
Maybe rats bites iPhones in Apple's warehouse? :(((
55. prakesh posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:44 9 0
premium brand on earth.. having this? ahahaha because its made in china. youre paying for an expensive phone made in china.
78. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 22 Sep 2012, 00:37 2 3
and most of the phone company, including samsung, are made in china!!
i think this happen to s3 too!! the crack on the side?
80. hateftotti posted on 22 Sep 2012, 00:40 7 2
And here it is another problem with new iphone:))
82. androidrockzz posted on 22 Sep 2012, 00:57 8 0
Oh they were busy at the courts so couldn't get time to finish at time so made it in a hurry and so causing all this issues!!! :-)
4. Muhannad posted on 21 Sep 2012, 16:57 29 0
I'm sorry have to do this, "You're taking it out of the box wrong".
10. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:04 11 0
Gallito, you've been doing good lately, as in not trolling much. What happened? :(
15. good2great posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:10 2 7
funny how you accuse him of trolling... smh
70. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 22:08 0 0
You need to learn how to read.
12. PhoneArenaUser posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:06 4 0
And what about your avatar? :D
6. shynepo posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:00 0 0
scuff marks by the Antenna?? Uh oh, Here we go again??
7. Quezdagreat posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:00 0 6
Wow something that could've happen from shipping.
13. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:08 7 1
Doubtful, you'd have to really drop the phone hard to get a scratch or dent like that.
Face it, Apple products aren't perfect.
28. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:24 4 2
look how quick you are to try defend this........its bad quality control....
but look at the apples fans..one said they dont care...this shows that apple could hand them a scratched dented wreck of a phone and still they wouldnt complain
44. rusticguy posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:05 2 0
That's what one calls "Art of self consolation" ... :)
9. Non_Sequitur posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:02 2 0
Out of lots of phones shipped, this always happens to a few. It always happens.
65. Non_Sequitur posted on 21 Sep 2012, 19:54 1 0
I mean, Apple products are pretty good, but I don't see why they get all the publicity. The only reason I would ever buy one is because of the integration with Macs (if I liked Macs) or for the large music store (which Amazon and Google already have for Android).
I guess it's just because of the exclusivity.
71. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 22:09 0 0
One word - marketing.
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:09 0 1
"Looking up to the sky, you curse your rotten luck."
or you curse rotten apple......hahaha im jp playin you guys but this is funny stuff
17. good2great posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:13 1 9
how is this funny? i understand this made news because its "apple" but this is too common to be a big deal... not even close to 1% of people having this problem...
but of course the immaturity of the people on this site that are against apple will take this and run with it... but believe that they aren't trolling...smh
just double check your phone before you leave the store or when you first receive your package... take it to a store for an exchange... simple as that... same goes for android/wp/blackberry phones...
23. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:20 5 0
Its funny because people paid like $800+ on a phone that was broken out of the box. If you bought a computer, and the screen was cracked, how would you react?
But of course you wouldn't see that.
25. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:22 2 2
naaaa its not funny because of that man that is actually not cool..........its funny because apple thinks they're perfect! and they think they have no flaws.........thats why this is funny
43. Quezdagreat posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:56 0 5
Oh really? I want to know who from apple have actually said those words.
I want to see it documented or on YouTube
72. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 22:10 1 1
I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs has thrown in comments here and there saying Apple is perfect...
29. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:25 1 1
again both ways if there was an article on samsung s3's been scratched etc when new apple fans would be running with it
33. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:28 2 1
yea but who cares, they're on the wrong end anyways so
31. Quezdagreat posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:26 1 8
The crazy thing is this could be something that was made up by a android fan and they did that themselves
34. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:28 5 2
ohh shut up Quezdagreat
just accept apple arent as perfect as they make you believe
39. Quezdagreat posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:39 0 7
Nothing's perfect. You guys jump to the opportunity to bash iPhones. You guys are going crazy over a tiny cosmetic scratch which may happen anyway.
You guys are the type to take a phone back to the store and b**ch about it to customer service
47. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:19 5 4
ohh im sorry but if i spent the that kind of money on a so called 'premium' phone and open it up to find it scratched then too right im going to complain
ohh and i love how you change your tune when its apple on the other end, if this was an android phone you would be first in with your stupid comments like ''see android are cheap'' etc
your the type of person that will accept whatever apple do and say. if apple said you have to put your phone in a bowl of water i bet you (you personally) would do it apple fanboy
73. PapaSmurf posted on 21 Sep 2012, 22:14 0 1
Quez, you don't get paid by Apple so stop worshiping them seriously....
18. Nathan_ingx posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:13 3 0
Patent that mark Apple, it should be useful in the future!!
20. gallitoking posted on 21 Sep 2012, 17:17 1 8
the difference between Samsung and Apple is. that.. those scuffs are from shipping.. Samsungs cracks are after usage (little usage).. which is not the same..
59. chaoticrazor posted on 21 Sep 2012, 18:59 4 2
haha so because you cant prove it, your only come back is ''can't prove me wrong either''
if everyone did what you do the ''facts'' would dissapear. it just be immature trolls saying stuff like ''prove it'' and ''i know you are but what am i''
i'll repeat the comment before prove it, prove your pathetic comment
67. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Sep 2012, 20:31 1 0
Lmao can't prove you wrong? Look at the photos. The proof is right there man. Did any of these people who reported this mention the shipping package was damaged at all? So the phone gets dents and scratches but the packages are all unharmed. Yes that sounds logical. Then again you sheep freaks throw logic right out the door anyway lol
You can't admit that like the galaxy s3, there are some bad units of the iPhone 5.