Skype updated for new iPad's Retina display, but it’s not about the video
1. PAPINYC (Posts: 2189; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
'The iPad still has a not-that-great front VGA camera and we could only wish it could push 1536p video.'
You really mean, "The iPad still has a not-that-great front 0.30 piXelAted VGA camera and, therefore, this Skype UI update is really not needed."
2. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
VGA skyping must look tiny on the new ipad's screen. geez apple would it have been that difficult to squeeze a 1.3mp shooter in there?
6. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
It's not tiny, it's full screen, but pixely
3. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
So its not, or is like the GALAXY S2!?
4. c.hack (Posts: 491; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Of course, the second Apple puts in a higher res front camera the apple haters will start complaining that its using too much bandwidth or that its warmer than the old camera.
5. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
I dont see the point off u posting¡ cause its all haters and fandroids in phonearena off apple¡
7. cttan456 (Posts: 47; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
VGA video calls on a small 3.5inch phone screen is ok cos the pixelation is less notieceable but VGA on a tablet/ laptop/desktop screen will look horrendous.
There are Android phones that lets you do video calls in 720p.
8. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Best HD video calls I've seen are on Galaxy S2. That device will live for a very long time.
iPad's front camera is "not-that-great"? It SUCKS. Be man enough to say it when you can say that about other manufacturer's irrelevant details.