Select Sony Xperia Z1 Compact units reportedly riddled with flash bleed
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 2109; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Well that's not very good.. hope they find a solution soon.
9. Finalflash (Posts: 2446; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
This can probably be fixed by a software solution changing the timing of the flash bursts.
10. neops (Posts: 260; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
Yes, before or after 5 seconds the photo was taken...
2. alterecho (Posts: 1097; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
If you stick a screen protector on the iPhone 5S's glass part around the camera sensor, it too produces the same results. It has something to do with how light is bent, even a slight misplaced region can produce.
Since the Z1 Compact is glass front and back, maybe the users stuck a screen protector.
3. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
What is a new Sony phone without some bizzare bug, HW defect or screen lottery I guess. Feel bad for the people who finally got a compact flagship but now have to deal with Sony's poor QC.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The phone is a total beast, but this is a complete turn off. QC isn't one of Skny's strengths.
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
You must feel even worse for those who will get some lower specs with the same price and even with the worst material available.
14. boosook (Posts: 1361; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
People are putting their finger on the flash in order to trigger the "problem", how can it be considered a bug?
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Every flagship phone has some problems at launch. But yes Sony should fix this and FAST
18. Fynjy777 (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
This flash is not such a big problem. I think it will be solved quite soon. Anyway it's still the best mini flagship nowadays.
19. bANNG (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)
Really do u care for those people? Here you come as I expected, you never leave a single chance to bash Sony, from esato.com to phonearena. You are nowhere to be seen when Samsung do something wrong nor you appreciate when Sony shows something promising n Im not defending Sony here.
Yup this is unfortunate, It shows poor QC of Sony. Hope Sony will find the solution asap & replace the defective handsets.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony should really stop this thing happening, phones have screen crack, flash bleed etc. and software problems. It will make the customers frustrating.
My first smartphone was the Xperia P, and after using it for few months, the phone have software problems and suddenly the phone can't turn on. Then, after that I sold it and got a Xperia Z and it's the same, after few months it has software problems and suddenly it can't turn on. After that, Sony replaced it with a second Xperia Z and after using for few months it has a bit bugs and software problems but those were fixed via Sony PC Companion. I really hope my phone won't have problems again.
Sony should really improve their QC. But I still love Sony, I love their products and their customer service is good.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10211; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sony's chance in redeeming themselves for the terrible QC in the past failed. They should fix this issue ASAP.
7. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
Man this is bad for sony. Finally having a heavy hitting phone (best in the "Compact" category) and they miss up with the camera. Still would love to have one of those *cough* bring it to the states and VERIZON *cough*.
8. mayur007 (Posts: 531; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
sony they are known for this
even in xperia s had the same issue .
z1 also has but partial
17. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I get those kind of shots when the flash hits something closer than my subject of focus.
If this is a real manufacturing issue there's nothing to worry about. Sony will surely replace this. Like what they did to faulty Xperia S units.
20. handbanana (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Feb 2014)
Sony Z1 Compact owner here, and I can confirm I get this issue with my (black) unit, with no fingers near the flash or camera, no cover of any sort, no screen protector. This appears to be a hardware problem caused by the use of plastic rather than glass as the back material.