Samsung's new mobile processor production client is... Qualcomm!
Furthermore, Samsung will be supplying Qualcomm chips manufactured on a 14-nanometer FinFET production process. It will take a long and difficult slab of text to explain the technology, so if you are interested what makes it special, check out the video below.
Although Qualcomm is the leading international chip maker (with the exception of MediaTek-dominated China), the company doesn't have production fabs of its own. Meanwhile, Samsung is a dominating force in RAM and NAND memory production, but its Exynos line of mobile chipsets has a very limited market presence.
source: Yonhap News Agency
2. hipnotika (Posts: 298; Member since: 06 Mar 2013)
that's it !!!
we hate exynosadaszxc cpu !
samsung is selling all gimmick phone models in turkey
(ex: note 3 exynos and s4 exynos versions)
12. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Cheating. 1.9ghz Exynos vs 2.5ghz S801. Thats600ghz lower, underclocked. If it was clocked the same as 2.5ghz, do you realise how powerful the Exynos would preform.
Let's not forget about the rubbish A7 Cpu, that's been used on with the Exynos A15, which needs these A7, due to A15 being so powerful and battery hog.
13. 8800-Arte (banned) (Posts: 50; Member since: 05 Jun 2014)
600 GHz lower?!!
Do you realize that if the Exynos was clocked at 2.5 GHz, battery life will go down the drain?!!
16. TheGenius (Posts: 326; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
You are seriously using that name?
Grow up man.!
14. i.cent90 (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Dont say what u dont knw out of ignorance go check which is d better processor between exynos 5422 on d s5 n s801
Exynos is now faster than snapdragon check d two s5 versions 4 more info
18. 8logic (Posts: 130; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
so TRUE!!! I live in the states and I want a Samsung chip!
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2128; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Keep your friends close, and your enemies... in your office.
7. refillable (Posts: 636; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
They should Abandon Exynos before they are on par with the Qualcomm Snapdragons...
8. dmn666 (Posts: 194; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
This news is ancient. TSMC will remain as the main fab for QC and the leftover will go to Samsung fab. It's been that way for a while.
9. Iodine (Posts: 382; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Expectable, considering Apple is moving their production to TSMC... Qualcomm was just poked out, and switched places with Apple.
And about that 14 nm, I think it's hardly possible for samsung to implement 14 nm before 2015/16 as they don't even have 20nm by now and even intel is struggling to deliver 14nm this year or about year and half after 22nm.
19. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
So, TSMC didn't gain anything. They gain apple, they lose qualcom
and Samsung lose apple, but gain Qualcom.
Which is, I think, Samsung got a better position. Apple is such a pain in the @ss, and samsung is lucky that it can get qualcom instead.
20. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Now Sammy peeks at Qualcomm's tech instead of Apple's.
10. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Don't do it!!! Shamesung will copy your chip design and play it off as theirs
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 938; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
It won't matter. They will both be using standard ARM designs, anyway. That is all Exynos is, and once Qualcomm abandons 28nm Krait, that is where they are headed. Besides, Samsung is just an ARM licensee, so they cannot copy custom ARM silicon. You need an ARM Architecture license for that.
17. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
And Exynos had a standard E4412 and US had the Snapdragon, which Exynos preformed 30% better than Snapdragon.
21. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 491; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
This is a perfect alliance to fight Mediatek epidemy.