Samsung to release "series" of AMOLED devices with more than 250ppi pixel density
1. Skyrim (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I would sell my ipad 2 and buy this if it were to come out.
2. Outrager (Posts: 8; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Isn't it still a "secret" if your SGS3 screen rumor is a "probably"?
3. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
At this point I think im waiting to upgrade my TV until this tech comes within a normal person's price, and gigantic size (thinking 70inches or so). Id love to have a SA-HD flat screen in my house. Wonder how long that will be? 2-3 years? one can dream, right? :)
4. the_s2 (Posts: 221; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
No limits for dreaming, but the tech might as well change, for who knows amoleds might be replaced by realistic 3D holographic displays by then! :)
8. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
u can sign me up for that as well please :)
5. the_s2 (Posts: 221; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Samsung has to put in some extra twist to the super AMOLED plus HD panel as AMOLEDS in general are facing strong competition, from LCD tech, say, the HTC One X's SLCD 2 panel which displays amoled like saturated colors. I would prefer an Amoled HD display with touch feedback(well, I meant the electrostatic 'feel' display), and zero lag.
6. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
i just cant get over the ovesaturated colors on OLED's on the other hand i love deep blacks...in my mind there is a huge battle i love IPS LCD, it is beautifull, but if OLED can oversaturate colors i bet it can make them nice and natural just like IPS LCD, i cant wait and see what SGS 3 brings to the table
7. cGmC11 (Posts: 127; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
The resolution of the rumored 11.6" Samsung tablet is 2560 x 1600 & not 2560 x 1440 ;-/
9. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Now if only they find a way to eliminate burn-ins... My SGS2 suffers from it slightly, and i can only imagine what it would look like on a TV.