Samsung posts official Galaxy S 4 walkthrough
The Samsung Galaxy S 4 is an evolutionary update to the Galaxy S series rather than a revolution. It comes with a much sharper slightly larger 5-inch 1080p display, a 13-megapixel camera with a ton of new features, updated processor and a slightly slimmer body.
Good news is that it also ships with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean so you don’t have to wait for updates, you’ll just have the newest Android. Some nifty features on the S 4 include a glove mode so you can use the screen with your gloves on and Air View that allows you to hover over links to get additional information.
Take a look at it all in Samsung’s official walkthrough of its new flagship.
source: Samsung Mobile
1. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Cool video, very informative about all the new software features in the S4!
2. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1151; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it's cool and all but i would be concerned over the batterie life it has an octa core and 50 million senses that would drain that battery like it's juice
5. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Samsung knows the best, I bet its battery will last one day atleast. They said the new AMOLED display and the processor is 25% more efficient and less battery hunger. Lets wait for the battery tests!
7. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
True, but I worried about the lack of real LIVE demonstrations at the reveal and they really sped past the battery part of the reveal. Sus?
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4185; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, how does one do a live demonstration with battery life without it lasting for hours on end? They sped past the battery part because they wanted to really push the software. They didn't even mention the fact that it ran Android or the processor, does that mean those elements are not major parts to the device? They rushed past everything just to get to Touchwiz.
8. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4185; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The octo core processor is using ARM's big.Little architecture, so it should be pretty battery efficient. Samsung claimed 70% more efficiency when compared to the Exynos 5 Dual.
Battery life also depends on how well you take advantage of the AMOLED display. The more pixels that are off, the better.
3. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Great review of a great phone by a great comapny! :)
22. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
I'm disappointed. This phone lacks waterproofing which a necessity when browsing the internet. ;)
25. rustyimtiaz (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
just send ur phone to Liquipel!!! job done!!!
27. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Its amazing how we all judged this fone b4 we held it. And if i can remember correctly, didnt we all hate S3 yet ppl bought millions. I think its a good looking fone, just that we are all samsung haters
29. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Lol, i got your joke. I was just saying. Sony Experia Z, *wink wink
4. kidkudjoe (Posts: 3; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
Am a great Windows Phone fun, but am loving this video!
11. 8logic (Posts: 132; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
i would had prefer this over the unpack event lol
33. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I thought it was entertaining and kinda funny. Something different, unlike what we are used to, just long boring people telling us about new features. Samsung was trying to be different. Plus they were in Radio City. I thought it was quite entertaining. Just that we are not used to change.
13. NicoX (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
premium finish and stylish design? come on samsung you can do a lot better than that
34. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Maybe the dont want you to feel like ur carrying a break. Plus they know ur going to use a cover anyway. Hence they showed us beautiful covers, if only Apple can come uo with iView Cover (S Cover)
14. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
its not ugly... when s3 was announced, i was kinda like "duhh" but when i held it personally "oh i want this"
when s4 was announced i hve just said "okay cool, i like the bezel and the metallic pattern, but not that great"
when i saw pics and video from androidauthority me: "oh somewhat stunning"
Iguess that when i will have a chance to hold it soon, ill be amazed
15. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I've never really a SG fan but I've always loved Samsung's other products so, I though this phone might change things. I kept my eye on it and I have to say that though I'm trying to like it but, I just kinda don't. These software features are cool and all but, most of them seem like well, gimmicks and the ones that aren't are mostly things that other apps on the PLAY market can do already. I only see a few thing that are kinda neat but, not a $$$ worth. Idk, I'm just not really felling it. Is it just me?
37. Droiddoes (unregistered)
No, that actually sounds pretty fair. I look at it like this: I don't see much incentive to upgrade from my S3 to the S4, But if I had an S2 or even an S1 then yeah, that's quite the leap.
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2149; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Awesome phone. Samsung did not take chances (which didn't work out well for HTC, see UltraPixel manufacturing issues) but took an already great device and improved it on every area possible. It's much better than the S3 and much more loaded than any other device while it's only downside is the looks which actually makes the phone features underrated, because average Joe thinks new design = innovation, haha.
30. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Completely agree, with the addition of a showoff aspect that is lacking with this phone.
People want their phone to look expensive.
Proud to say I'm not one of those consumer oriented shallow snobs.
I need a phone that is reliable and packed with features, not a fashion accessory!
18. allthesame (Posts: 3; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
good news : S4 announced.
bad news : for all the S2 users, get ready to not received update to 5.0 Key Lime Pie. just like what happened to the original Galaxy S.
19. felisberto (Posts: 32; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
) The Samsing Galaxy SIV is all plastic - Wrong! It's Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front which is 3 times more resistant than the GG2, plus poly-carbonate plastic (like the Lumia 920) on the side and removable back. In all likeliness it'll take various hits better than slim brushed metal or regular glass with older screen protective technology
2) The Samsung Galaxy SIV design is the same - Wrong! The subtle differences are noticeable in hand according to those touching. It's thinner, lighter, slightly less rounded and at 79%, it's the most screen-dominant of any phone on the market
3) Same old AMOLED - Wrong! While screen tech is not labeled as new (not sure if it's the PHOLED variant), but it has a new hexagonal sub-pixel arrangement, more brightness according to testers and less blueish tinting
4) No real innovations, just overblown S3 functions - Think again. Floating Touch with AirView functionality, input through gloves, new gesture controls and eye-tracking features, barometer, thermometer, health equipment compatibility, IR sensor and remote control, much larger camera sensor and lens with new function, big jump in HW performance and battery, SW designed for fresher OS, more NFC functions (VISA payment), wireless charging
5) Octa-core is a marketing gimmick - read forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191850
6) 13MP is a marketing gimmick, it doesn't have more details - You sure? forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=22
7) Bigger screen, more uncomfortable use - Wrong! The Galasy SIV is actually smaller than it's predecessor and it's smaller and lighter overall than the HTC One, Droid DNA, XPeria Z and Oppo Find 5 wile featuring the largest battery at 2600mAh
31. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh man you totally nailed it.
Haters will hate, but all you said is absolutely true
20. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
l love and what it count is the software love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This video is just making you want to buy the phone. Oh and I know I've said berfore the design was disappointing, oh well at least the features are great! Good job Samsung!
26. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
l dont care l love it.... now take my money
32. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
oh where are the cheap plastic disappointed ugly not innovative ek ek??
and if u can read this
refer to comment #19 :D
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 15678; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Playing with her Nokia 920, s3, s4, iPhone 5, and busy hating Nokia Samsung apple, and google.