Samsung patents an S Pen that folds and doubles as a kickstand, is that you Note 6?
1. razmahtaz001 (Posts: 56; Member since: 11 May 2013)
if apple copy this idea and call it the iPenStand, ifans will say apple made it/did it better...completely avoiding the fact that apple copied LOL...and that apple will have every excuse to say that its nothing like the sPenStand LOL
4. Zylam (Posts: 646; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
So worried about apple eh? Because even if they did copy, they'd sell more phones.
15. willard12 (Posts: 1513; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Apple doesn't sell more phones than Samsung. Once again, you confuse the profit they make on subsidies from a $230 device with sales.
17. tedkord (Posts: 9836; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Even if? It's kind of their M.O. for over 30 years.
23. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7741; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung sold over 300M phones last year. The most they ever sold was 434M phones ina single year.
How is Apple selling more phones? Apple sells one phone. You dont get to say, well Apple sells more phones vs one model over another.
Samsung sells more phones than any brand...EPRIOD...inclusing Apple.
You dont get to say, well the iPhoen sells more than the Galaxy S. That woudl make you stupid.
That liek saying, well Toyota sells more Camry's than Honda's sells Civic's. Yeah they do. But The Civic isn't the only car Honda makes.
You're just an idiot.
Apple sold 200M phones last year while Samsung sold 300M+.
Who sold the most phones?
You think a company that has 20% worldwide marketshare with phones, sells more phones than a company with 50% marketshare?
That is impossible fool...DO THE MATH!!!!!!!!!!!
It is numerically an IMPOSSIBILITY for a company with a smaller market to sell more product than one with more. They may sell one of their products in higher valoume.
Yes the iPhone may outselll the S as a standlone model, or the Note as a standalone model. But Samsung makes Galaxies...not a Galaxy.
The fact that your only comeback is sell numbers makes you a bigger idiot.
McDonald's sells more hamburgers than all hamburger selling companies on the planet. But no one is arguing they sell more hamburgers, but who would argue the quality of them? Even I can make a better hamburger than McDonald's and spend less money, just liek Samsung makes a better phone for less money
7. BradyCrack (Posts: 419; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
Why? How come on every post there is always that ONE ihater making dumb comments like this? Lol funny though, they'll still sell more than then note 6.
21. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1000; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Because also all posts have that ONE android hater making dumb comments. It's for balance really.
8. 47AlphaTango (Posts: 226; Member since: 27 Sep 2015)
Why would they copy if some of the apple cases have stands?
19. MSi_GS70 (unregistered)
This is really BAD idea..
3. mawi2013 (Posts: 61; Member since: 18 Oct 2014)
and what if you want to use your s pen while its as a stand?
5. ibend (Posts: 3106; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
its simple.. just buy case with kick stand...
and its not comfortable to use pen when phone is tilted because of kickstand, its better to use pen when your note lie on flat surface, or on your left hand
6. BradyCrack (Posts: 419; Member since: 29 Dec 2015)
This is so stupid. What if you want to use the pen? God,Samsung makes some pretty stupid and boring patents.
12. chocowii (Posts: 432; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
That's what patents are, until they become relevant.
9. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 189; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
its going to be easy to brake and alot of money to get it fix...they should just add a case (comes with the phone in retail box) that has this feature built in the case.
10. tarek1980 (Posts: 275; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Good BUT & BIG BUT
SAMSUNG SHOULD STOP USING GLASS (back cover)
either they get back to plastic (good quality) or they should move to Aluminum.
13. Dreamboat (Posts: 32; Member since: 29 Apr 2015)
This has been a thing since the note 3 so dunno why it's only getting patented now. Does the job sweet
14. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 773; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I wont care if Note 6 will look sort of similar with Note 5.. Note 5 seems to be the best looking phone out there and hoping that Samsung wont make a big step backward coz I'm getting it no matter what XD
16. hortizano (Posts: 274; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Well, people were having trouble with inserting it back backwards.. imagine that now having the chanze to bend it.. it is a recipe for disaster...
20. tedkord (Posts: 9836; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, people were trying to make everyone believe people were having trouble inserting it backwards, but most people aren't that dumb.