Samsung having trouble with its YOUM flexible display yields, devices put off for H1 2013
18. Droiddoes (unregistered) posted on 29 Sep 2012, 14:36 0
Yup. Sucks that apple filed for a patenton the idea of the tech 5 years ago right?
2. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 28 Sep 2012, 09:17 6
New technology, and highly innovate at that. No real surprises here that it's taking some time to work out, but the wait will be worth it if they can figure out some beneficial real world uses for this.
In the meantime, the display on the Note 2 phone is getting great reviews, it's not like we are having to use poor technology until this gets ready for mainstream consumption.
3. No_Nonsense posted on 28 Sep 2012, 09:17 4
Didn't Apple patent this yesterday? Funny, Apple has a patent with just a doodle and Nokia/Sammy have no patents despite working protos? Funny USPTO. PS:Anyone who'd actually write to them regarding Apple's dumb patents and having an idea if patents like rounded corners/trademarks like App Store can be revoked?
4. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:00 1
hey can you post a link to the one that is talking about apple patenting flex screen tech. not to critosize just want to read it.
5. Jobes posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:07 3
They aren't patenting the tech for the screen they are patenting the use of the tech in a phone that uses it lol. So in other words they are saying they will use the tech in a certain way.. preventing the actual MAKERS of the screen from using it in that way.
6. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:15 2
thats crap how can the own the patent on the use of somthing that they don't own
11. No_Nonsense posted on 28 Sep 2012, 11:04 3
I take this opportunity to welcome you to the love affair between Apple, copying, patenting, litigation, USPTO and obvviously the US courts.
7. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:16 1
and thanks for clearifying that.
8. Jobes posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:49 3
Its America they do what they want.. look at their track record.. rectangle rounded corners.. swipe to unlock.. pinch zoom.. scroll bounce.. slowing and speeding up of scrolling.. multitouch.. unified search.. c'mon Its effin stupid. Coming next week Apple patents action of putting in a patent causing everyone who applies for a patent to violate it and be sued.
9. No_Nonsense posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:50 1
techcrunch.com/2012/09/27/apple-patents-in-screen-speakers-flexible-displays-and-tactile-keyboards-for-future-iphones-and-ipads/ : Here you go.
10. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 10:54 4
this just keeps getting worse by the minute we really need to go over the patent system and iron out the loop holes for anti competatative behavior and thank you for the no_nonsense
13. Googlethis posted on 28 Sep 2012, 12:54 0
thank you for the link No_nonsense
17. No_Nonsense posted on 29 Sep 2012, 04:34 0
Not an issue mate.
14. Jphones posted on 28 Sep 2012, 14:05 0
I can't even describe how crazy phone technology and design will be next year. Ha see how technology came first apple not design.
15. bizz0216 posted on 28 Sep 2012, 23:29 0
Wow this could change the way smartphone are made in the future