Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with free 24 month accidental damage warranty for Pan African customers
added for free to their 24 month standard factory warranty. The accidental damage warranty includes coverage for damaged screens and liquid damage.
Buyers of the new Android flagship model will need to register their phone through the e-Warranty service on the Samsung website. If the phone is damaged, the user takes the phone over to the nearest Samsung Service Center where the screen or board will be replaced for free with no incident charge owed. The warranty will be good for two incidents over the 24 month period of the warranty.
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Well that's definitely a good way to treat your customers. My dad accidentaly dropped his htc butterfly then the screen cracked, htc is charging $300 for the repairs
2. longtian (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Apr 2013)
What are some of the accidental damage warranty range, can say some concrete?
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Why only Pan Africa? Why not world wide? Is that certain area less prone to accidental damage? Lol...
5. easymomo (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
You give FREE warranty to those who are less prone to accidental damage you know...
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
This is awesome for us African customers! One more sleep before I get my GS4!
6. easymomo (Posts: 88; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Yes !!! Côte d'Ivoire is in.
I Hope it will be the same for Note III. I won't get the S4, I will give my Note II to my wife and buy the
7. fanboy1974 (Posts: 997; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
If Sammy did this around the world they would own over 90% of the market. If HTC puts a big enough dent in S4 sells I can see them doing this.
Building accidental damage insurance into the phone is brilliant (only if the price is equal to the competition). Others would have to follow including Apple.
9. duwiegeneral (Posts: 48; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
hint!!!! preorder for the first 24 hrs must b weak????
11. TMach (Posts: 331; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
What about warranty for those who have not accidentally dropped it but develop a crack in the faux metallic looking edge due to poor quality control/build quality?
I guess that is too much to ask as it may cost Samsung an arm and a leg! lol
12. TMach (Posts: 331; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Got it! That is why low rent build quality is so damn expensive!!
13. TMach (Posts: 331; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Not trolling by the way as my greed means as much as I hate Samsung, Touchwiz/Nature UI and having sworn never to buy a Samsung phone, I will probably buy this phone but will be desperately hoping I have better luck than I did with the S3 cracking as I never want to have to deal with this crappy company ever again.....EVER!
14. vishu9 (Posts: 247; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Kenya is one of 16 Pan American countries?? Lol.. Proofread PA! :-)