Samsung Galaxy S2 to feature Super AMOLED Plus, NFC and Gingerbread
Is this the Samsung Galaxy S2?
While the Korean paper says that the Galaxy S2 name is not confirmed, it does claim that the phone will feature a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a dual-core processor under the hood. Similar to the Nexus S, the Galaxy S2 will have an NFC chip. As for the Android build, it will be Gingerbread running the show. The device is rumored to be introduced at next month's MWC show in Barcelona. We earlier told you that Samsung aims to triple its smartphone sales in 2011. A successful sequel to the Galaxy S would go a long way to reaching that goal.
Speaking of MWC, we will be there next month providing you with hands-on reports of the handsets and tablets that you have been waiting to know more about!
1. a (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 03:52 0 0
I cant wait to see this baby :X
2. shynepo posted on 12 Jan 2011, 04:27 1 0
After wat I went through wit this epic 4g, Im not sure if I can trust samsung again, dont get me wrong, its a great phone and I loved the super amoled display, but I just dont know if I can trust samsung again............smh
10. camrok (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 08:12 1 0
I completely agree, ii have the epic also and we will NEVER get dam froyo. Im sticking with HTC from now on.
3. ricking posted on 12 Jan 2011, 05:30 0 0
ALREADY WENT TO THE MY TOUCH 4G NEVER AGAIN SAMMIE, U GOT ME ONCE BUT NOT TWICE!!!
11. camrok (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 08:12 1 1
dropped my epic once and the corner is dented in :/
5. T3rmi3 (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 06:11 1 0
I don't think it will sell as many (not even close) as the current Galaxy S phones with a 4.3inch screen. The 4 inch screen that the current GS has is at the edge of mobility. I find it very hard to consider a 4.3 inch screen device a "mobile/portable" device. What do you think about that?
19. J4M35 (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 14:48 0 0
By the looks of things, though, this will probably be about the same size as the Galaxy S because of a smaller bezel and thinner design. Also, I have small hands yet I don't find 4 inches on the edge of mobility. 4.3 inches maybe, but not 4.
6. surethom posted on 12 Jan 2011, 06:18 0 2
But I bet it still does not feature the number one required hardware requirement for a touchscreen phone, a LED Notification light, so for me I dont care that else the hardware/software is.
Without a led notification light then no thatk you.
7. Artur (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 07:16 2 0
Samsung fooled me once with the Omnia HD aka I8910 so no more Samsung for me!!!
9. camrok (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 08:10 1 0
why doesnt sammy fill its obligations with its first galaxy s phone before coming out with a god dam new one. This will come with froyo and never get gingerbread. assholes
13. shayan posted on 12 Jan 2011, 10:58 1 1
well, I would defenatly buy THAT! Its huge.
and for the sammy's support, I never really wanted it. As long as we have XDA, I dont care what the company does on the software part...
14. Lindomar (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 15:41 0 0
If you have time to play, try every custom rom, go back, restore backup, etc...
Normal users need decent support, want modern devices that just work as advertised.
15. tom (unregistered) posted on 12 Jan 2011, 23:00 1 0
SE Arc has a better design.......
16. umdaking posted on 12 Jan 2011, 23:04 0 0
...my EPiC 4G is my PC away from home.Would definitly buy the successor.
18. joonyboy posted on 13 Jan 2011, 12:21 0 0
Oh mai................ just bought a samsung captivate too couple months ago........
20. sid (unregistered) posted on 17 Jun 2011, 22:40 0 0
i m using this amazing phone . .i also have N8 and ipad2,but in terms of display S2 is better or audio quality is desent . .more over it's faster than any type of phones avail.till date. It just not a smartphone,but a genius. . .