Samsung Galaxy S III mini leaks again, this time in flesh and blood
1. Seymur (unregistered)
Mini iPhone would be invisible.
36. chinochinochino (Posts: 13; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
oh c'mon... This one doesn't even deserve the title SIII since it's nothing the SIII is except for design. If all the rumors turn out to be true then this is more a Galaxy Ace 2 in new design and a little spec bump: 3.8" to 4"; same resolution; probably same camera; 768MB to 1GB; same SOC with 800MHz to 1GHz...
I would love this to be as powerful as the SIII or at least as the One S - then it would deserve this name. But as it looks right now this is just to fool customers into thinking of it as a smaller flagship phone.
11. Synack (Posts: 641; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I loved my Fascinate, which was 4".
4" is a good size for everyone. It might not be the fastest beast out there but it'll be a good solid all around phone.
16. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
4" is a good size for everyone? Really? I have big hands, so a 4" inch screen sucks. I doubt Shaq would like a 4 inch screen either. I wonder if big Fruity will sue, after-all THEY came up with a 4" screen first!
I'm waiting for the Note 2. 5.5" of screen. surely not for everyone!
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6654; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Shaq would need an iPad with cellular service to satisfy his screen size needs.
34. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Good for you Mr BaseballGloveHands Redsux fan. Do you also have size 21 shoes like Shaq? The rest of us normal sized ppl are ok with 4".
Bigger isnt always better.
22. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
It's more like ace 2 which is much cheaper than this..
I also don't think that it will be good for Samsung to name it S3 mini..
4. maxican16 (Posts: 361; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Not for me. But a very smart move by Samsung. Too bad the force you into a processor hit just for choosing the 4" version tho.. a better move would have been to keep it at GSIII specs. I wonder if they are highlighting the screen quality, or gimping on that too.
5. PowTheBowl (Posts: 66; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
At least Samsung now has competition with the HTC One S.
23. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Haha!! One s is much better than this!
Btw Why do you think that this thing is better than one s?
6. Kostas_13 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
This stands absolutely no chance, even compared to Xperia P (which is actually a good device!)...
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2811; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Would prefer Sony Acro S over this anyday for same price ($550) on ebay.
8. sammyfan (Posts: 21; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
S3 was okay.. it should have been a s2 plus.. with better specs..
9. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
price this right and you'll have an overwhelming sales.
10. BillyG (Posts: 304; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
so samsung holding on to their mantra ... quantity over quality.
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
iAnother thing let down, no Quad core, no 2Gb Ram. It should,ev had the same features of the S3!
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There are loads who would like, prefer the same specs as the S3 on a 4inch. Why do they need to sacafice. I own a the black version, and it's Rooted. How am I a Troll? I Look at the iP4, huge specs on a 3.5inch screen.
13. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 337; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Will it be available in India...plzzz reply
15. Peter98 (Posts: 119; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Design not that great again... A small edition of SIII will be better than this.
21. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what crap. I was hoping it would really be a "Mini SGS3", not a mid range phone with an SGS3 logo on it.
I want a 4.5 inch quad exynos superphone. Is that so hard to ask!?!? lol
28. jimjam (Posts: 228; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
You want a mini SGS3 but with a 4.5" screen?! That .3" mean that much to you?
25. pfroo40 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Am I the only one that is disappointed that the only smaller phone with top end specs otherwise is the iPhone 5? Personally I prefer larger phones, but my girlfriend only uses small phones cuz she has tiny hands and it sucks that she has to deal with low or midrange specs because of it if she wants to use android. I wouldn't even mind having a second device that is smaller but still has a nice camera, high dpi screen and fast processor.
27. jimjam (Posts: 228; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
tmobile blaze is pretty good. Ticks most of your wants.
30. pfroo40 (Posts: 28; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Only 800x480, only 5MP camera. The closest I've found is the Razr M, but even that doesn't have the best ppi and is pentile. And, it's a Motorola, so even though it has an 8MP camera, it doesn't take the best pictures.
26. jimjam (Posts: 228; Member since: 28 Jun 2011)
So this is basically an even worse version of the galaxy s blaze?! There is nothing to like about it apart from the design.
Please please can manufacturers give us a decent 4" phone again please. It doesn't have to be super flagship specs but this is just pathetic.
33. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
this blows balls. big time pass. i wish we could get an iphone with android on it, i would be all over that thing. ios sucks balls too.
35. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So? It's 2012-2013. That's just saying humans like U aren't smart enough to make it better, which's definantly not the case
37. miladkhahil (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Dec 2008)
What a twist of self-inflicted irony,Galaxy S III handset, giving it a four-inch display instead of a whopping 4.8-inch screen found on the original. This is the same company which readily slams Apple in advertising over the iPhone 5′s four-inch display which the ads suggest isn’t massive enough for people’s tastes.....
Well, guess what? Looks like four inches is the perfect screen size for the new Galaxy S III Mini. This appears to be aimed squarely at the iPhone 5.....
38. JKING_25 (Posts: 52; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Your right about that, but Samsung failed to realize that the iPhone as much as I hate it is actually a powerful phone. This phone however is weak. I am very dissappointed with this.