Samsung Galaxy S III first benchmarks are out
1. dcgore (Posts: 226; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
Wow on the S4! i would think of it being better than a quad exynos.
9. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Engadget's chart shows the AT&T One X equaling or beating the GSIII in every benchmark. I guess that's the difference between Krait and A9, although I really want to see quad-core Krait vs. quad-core A15. I'm also surprised that the Adreno 225 is up to the Mali GPU in the GSIII. Whatever the case, this definitely gets me excited for the Evo 4G LTE.
37. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Who cares about the fake points from Qualcomm's Vellamo and Linpack (which is the same as I/O score in Quadrant - easy to modify).
If you want to use Quadrant, skip I/O part and you can see how SIII blows S4
44. TimTebow (Posts: 70; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
Then you can see how Tegra 3 blows away the S3. lol
CPU and 3d scores.
32. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 438; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Synthetic benchmarks aren't real-life results.
I'm more interested in seeing the battery life.
59. abaza121 (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Oct 2011)
see that link to read the real benchmarkshttp://www.gsmarena.com/samsun
2. KParks23 (Posts: 590; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Lmao WOW where is fanboy remix at?? wait till the quad core s4 come and blows this thing away!
8. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
If you don't know by now he talks out of his ass most of the time. Opinionated and ignorants is a bad combo.
16. theBankRobber (Posts: 680; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
I know, Taco is the most uneducated fanboy of all time and calls people out for talking s**t out of their ass. He has alot of nerve, please, Taco WTF are you doing in a Android article? You always talking about people being in Apple articles but come trolling into this post.
21. KParks23 (Posts: 590; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
Well I've been around long enough to know all both of u do is talk out ur ass!
23. theBankRobber (Posts: 680; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Hope your not talking about me, I don't talk s**t out my ass. I like all phones and devices, unlike Taco, I don't argue to the death about my phone and talk about who stole from who, who copied from who and bash One product non stop.
31. KParks23 (Posts: 590; Member since: 13 Oct 2010)
No taco and remixfa is who I'm talkin about bro!
25. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
as usual taco is called on his crap and dissapears.
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Guys, you're insulting each other over a cellphone/tablet news and review website. Come on. It's alright to share your opinion, but don't let it come to petty insults. Geez
36. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3923; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say yesterday that you don't troll android stories? You made it a whole day, good for you!
41. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
technically he had already trolled android stories yesterday right before saying it. he never stops lying, its sad.
18. jove39 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Well in that case...why not wait till A15 based quad core Exynos is released...s4 (krait) and Exynos 4412(A9) belongs to diff generation architecture wise.
22. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
history lesson :
both the sgs1 and sgs2 performed subpar in pre release devices (900 and.1900 respectively on quadrant if i remember right), and then were really optimized and running on jet fuel after release..
that's why I always say
benchmarks don't count until they are done in a RETAIL release unit. call me when we get one of those
26. theBankRobber (Posts: 680; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Well at least we know Samsung has a right to brag about there phones, the own all the parts. HTC can only brag about the same design of phones they been using for the past couple of years. Can't talk about a CPU that you don't own and will be in like 10 other Android phones.
3. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Gsm arenas benchmark tests tell a different story O.o
4. nihn75 (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Im so tired of reading about this quad core gsIII. We are not getting the quad core gsIII so stop telling us it will have quad core!!!!!!!
5. rd_nest (Posts: 1593; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
PA, don't write anything you have no clue about. I have dealt with benchmarks everyday and the way you talk make you looks like a retard. I will make it simple for you and not embarrass you further.
1] Why continue to use quadrant?? Seriously?
2] Linpack is a more scaler towards Qualcomm SoC. Similarly Basemark and Electopia also favors Adreno GPU. Also you can only run it at native or WCGA.
3] Nenamark is vsync limited and dependent on resolution.
4] Vellamo is a Qualcomm product. Enough said!
What they should test is:
1] GLbenchmark (true test irrespective of resolution and not limited by vsync)
2] BrowserMark (same as above)
4] Geekbench (cross-platform)
5] MS fishtank test (though IE optimized, but a good browser performance)
6] AnTuTu -- good for multi-threaded operations
12. SheldonCooper (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Absolutely garbage! You call AnTuTU, Geekbench and Fishtank reliable benchmarks? But Basemark, Nenamark and Vellamo are not? Heheh. Seriously get your facts right.
35. hung2900 (Posts: 951; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Vellamo is aQualcomm product, so you can see crap S3 has high mark in Vellamo too
51. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1514; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Vellamo is completely biased to the Snapdragons and you can only use it to compare different Qualcomm SoCs.
He is not telling that Nenamark is bad, just the is Vsync limited (true) so in this case is not showing the real performance but the limitation of the Vysinc. In other words, they will need to create a Nenamark 3 for the new set of GPUs (currently on Nenamark 2) or all test will give 60 FPS.
Linpark is not scaling well to 4 cores and that has been clear for some time already, so it's useless till they don't fixt it.
28. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You know PA was not the one that did the testing. You are pretty retarded now. If you look at the source it was from engadet
33. Mannequinsdenial (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 May 2012)
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
here you go...
looks like htc starts sweating
10. Commentator (Posts: 3669; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Yeah, because HTC is concerned about 700 Quadrant points... what manufacturers SHOULD be concerned with is user-friendly UI's and build quality, considering performance difference is nearly non-existent at this point.
42. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
IMO 700 more quadrant isn't anything deal breaking. For most people right now trying to figure out if they want the One X or SIII, it's going to be between battery life, looks, and UI.
And I don't know about battery life, but Sense > Touch Wiz, and the One X looks a HELL of a lot better then the GSIII. But sadly, I'm on Verizon and can't get the One X :(.
47. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
what about browsermark though? one s has 98k and GSIII has 170k!
it really is groundbreaking and its not even the retail version still it blows competition away
7. azri05 (unregistered)
i hope the benchmark stays the same. because from my experience all new phone have a bit better benchmark until some apps is installed.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There are 3 types ov a9 cortex available
That runs at 1.6 another 2.0 another at 2.5 an above wow
So the 4412 is the same as 4410 but at 40 @ 32 nm
24. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no its not the same
.its the same base design. but its made with a different tech than the 4210 exynos. pair that with 2 more.cores, the die shrink and higher clocks on the mali400 and its a pretty substantial upgrade
55. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Made with a different process, aka a dieshrink. Then add two cores and overclock the GPU. That is all it's done.
If you shut off two cores, underclocked the GPU, and underclocked the remaining CPUs to 1.2 GHz, you would end up with exactly the same performance as the SGS2's Exynos, just less power consumption.
14. SheldonCooper (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Wow! Very good results if you consider the resolution.
15. virparam01 (Posts: 19; Member since: 04 Mar 2012)
Well lately i m getting a feeling dat PA is behaving like iseeeep......chked GSMA,Techradar and couple more sites they all told a different story about gs3 benchmarks.
17. jove39 (Posts: 1827; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
The way single threaded and multi threaded performance scales...I don't think benchmark apps/suites are ready/optimized for quad core chips.
19. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Whoa. That was a shocker. I was certain the S4 would succumb to the mighty quad-Exynos, but it appears that it really holds its ground! Dang Qualcomm, nice work, you went from one of the worst dual-core processor to the one of the best performing processors out there, including the quad-cores, in one generation. Can't wait for the S4 Pro to release, that will prove to be a sight to behold.
20. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Benchmarks mean nothing to me, I want day to day usage. I bet you the SGS3 doesnt lag or stutter in web browsing like the One X does.
In all honestly, I want the Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon lol
34. Mannequinsdenial (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 May 2012)
that's mostly due to touchwiz's supreme overlay and browser. I'm actually really excited to see how smooth Krait can be using samsungs touchwiz.
56. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, Sense has always been heavy on the processor when compared to Touchwiz. And plus the One X doesn't really stutter and lag in web browsing, just the text re-mapping makes it seem like it does. That's a software issue that can be fixed by tapping the off button in the settings I believe.
27. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
pa, you really need to update the article with the rest of the benchmarks
I could swear that writers are going out of their way to throw negative sgs3 stuff up today. between this and the pentile article.
where were the articles on the i4s announcement throwing negative light on the lack of a redesign
or tiny screen... or anything of that nature
normally I try to skip any noticed biased unless its too blatant... but some of these articles are just silly
29. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
PA got the score from engadet not by PA themself
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and apparently there are scores out there by GSM arena and others that are much higher. Its a choice to use one benchmark result over the other.. thats what im peeved about. Between that and the Pentile troll bait in the other article its more than enough. The high density display 99.9% negates any actual user perceived difference between RGB and pentile. The rest is just fodder.
39. JusMePnut (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Hey you guys... Nobody really gives 2 frogs back sides about benchmarks. Give me real world stats and go from there...
40. rudlie (Posts: 202; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Fully disappointed product, HTC One X much better.
45. Forsaken77 (Posts: 553; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Looks like Qualcomm put the SNAP back in Snapdragon ;)
48. Rangers (Posts: 12; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Look at the benchmark results from AnandTech and you'll see the difference:
49. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
where's the 1080p display?
Where's the 2gb of ram?
Samsung just crapped in their pants. And all of those people who are saying pentile and rgb are not that different(don't act like sheeps) you can kiss my @$$. You samsung fans have became s-trolls with no respect for other brands. When the htc one x and optimus 4x were announced the comments section was filled with 's3 is gonna blow it away' yeah right.
52. SherlockHolmes (Posts: 125; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Before the Launch Sammy fan boys :- " Samsung is going to blow us out of Water !!
After the Launch :- " OMG Samsung drowned all of us in the same lake fully filled with water and bringing nature closer to us "
53. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and comments like yours are exactly why the rumor mill is so dangerous.
can i ask you something
what is the point of a 1080p display that small? it will only suck up tons of system resources and battery and give you zero benefit since your eyes cant tell the difference.
samsung failed.. yet still brought the new king of the hill and most powerful device to market.
if thats a fail, how does anyone ever win?
61. u-suck-more (Posts: 529; Member since: 26 Aug 2011)
cos sometimes there is really hardly a distinction from a Samsung fanboy and a Apple fanboy. both equally close minded (some) at times and stick to e same brand
50. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Samsung equals apple.
S trolls equal itrolls.
s sheeps equal isheeps.
Apple screw job equals s3 screw job.
Samsung is gonna release the s3 and it is going to be the best..... Blah blah blah blah guess what all you s3 fans(or were fans) you just got samsung'd.
57. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I don't think there's a need to be so critical. Yeah, Samsung crapped out on some expectations, so? What manufacturer doesn't do that sometimes? Apple's done it, HTC's done it, LG, Motorola. They all have. Samsung does it too, but at least they make it minimal. Example; what did everyone want in the next Galaxy S device? A quad-core processor. Check. HD display; check. Though some people wanted SA+ HD, and not SA, but once again, they messed up but made it minimal. Ceramic build; no, but at least it's better than that rectangle slab of plastic that was the GS2, to some people at least, it's more curved and feels better in the hand. More memory; kind of. Still only 1 GB of RAM, but you can handle that easily so it isn't a problem. Samsung is one of the best manufacturers when it comes to compensating for it's disadvantages, so stop giving them grief for this. And note, I'm a supporter of HTC, not Samsung, so don't call me a s sheep or whatever you refer to them as.
58. abaza121 (Posts: 17; Member since: 02 Oct 2011)
are you kidding me ? the benchmarks at gsmarena.com is high how could it be so low here,it took 5700 at quadrant see the benchmarks and many compititors to compare athttp://www.gsmarena.com/samsun