Samsung Galaxy NotePRO to be launched on February 4 in the UK, official pre-orders now open
Just a few days ago we told you that the Samsung Galaxy NotePRO would be released in the first half of February. It looks like we were right. Samsung UK is now accepting pre-orders for the Wi-Fi version of the tablet (offered in either black, or white), saying that it intends to ship it starting February 4.
As expected, the Galaxy NotePRO comes with a hefty price tag attached: British customers have to pay £649 for the Wi-Fi model. That’s $1,076 in American dollars - but don’t worry, the tablet won’t be that expensive when it launches Stateside. It will likely not cost more than $800 there.
The Galaxy NotePRO seems to be the most advanced Android tablet yet. It sports a large 12.2-inch display with a crazy 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution, featuring Android 4.4 KitKat with a new Magazine UX, Samsung’s S Pen stylus (with the associated apps and services), 8MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP front-facing camera, eight-core Exynos 5 Octa 5420 processor, 3GB of RAM, and a 9,500 mAh battery.
We don’t know when the Galaxy NotePRO will be released in the US, but Samsung probably wants to see the tablet hitting shelves as soon as possible. Verizon might be one of the US carriers that will offer the new NotePRO - although, of course, nothing is confirmed at this point.
source: Samsung (1), (2)
1. tech2 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
The price is hefty but still cheaper than 64GB iPhone 5s, which costs £709 ($1,175), here in UK. iPad Air 128GB model costs about £639 (1, 060) for Wifi only model.
10. giani (Posts: 184; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Why are u comparing this with an iphone?! I will compare it with...ammm surface pro2 ?! And for £100 more u get a 256gb with 8gb of ram pro2. I mean the pro2 is a real productivity tablet...not just an android tablet with a gimmicky pen...what can this do that a nexus 10 won't..?! its a no brainer...I'm amazed at the price..but then again..the fan base is big..
11. tech2 (Posts: 1118; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. Gets your facts right, buddy ! For £719 you get 64GB base model not 256 GB which costs £1,039.
com/store/msuk/en_GB/html/pbPa ge.PDPS/productID.286902200?WT .mc_id=surface_RTM_surfacepro2
2. You are the first person who said to me S-pen is 'gimmicky'. Don't post comments which make you look stupid. Its productive and creative IF YOU KNOW HOW TO USE IT.
3. Surface Pro 2 is a bit bulky and heavier.
4. Surface Pro 2 has smaller display
5. Surface Pro 2 has lower res display
6. Note pro has rear camera
7. Note Pro can make calls
8. For 64GB model in pro 2, you only get 28-30GB of NON-EXPANDABLE storage.
9. Bigger and better battery life on Note pro.
10. This is just initial pre-order price and will go down after a month or so. Which does not apply to Surface pro 2.
Everyone has his/her needs and according to which they buy/don't buy. No need to simply label 'fan base' who buy products which you don't recommend.
3. rd_nest (Posts: 543; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Don't buy it now. For any Samsung product the trick is to wait for few months. They charge very high price for early adopters. Wait for 3-5 months, and you will see the price coming down by 10-15%.
6. deepblack (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Few days ago, Note 10.1 2014 edition refurb was sold at 30% off price at Groupon
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Here's how it should be priced: 8.4 from $350 to undercut the Mini, TabPro 10.1 from $450 to undercut the Air, Note 10.1 2014 from $550, TabPro 12.2 from $600, NotePro 12.2 from $650.
$650 is still a helluva lot more for just an Android (or iOS or WRT) tablet, but it's kinda acceptable with the stunning large screen, large battery, multi-tasking and S-Pen. $750-$800-$900 is just way off the grid, you get a decent laptop for the price, possibly a W8 tablet.
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 1861; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Despite the high price note 10.1 2014 edition keep running out of stock.
I am waiting the the price to fall a bit for 2014 edition then decide between the two either 12.2 larger but heavier device or smaller but a bit dated in its 4.3 android. Tough to decide which is better.
7. cR203 (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
I want to get the note pro but I think I'm going to hold off and see if samsung releases a amoled tablet this year like what was previously rumored.
8. notsobad (Posts: 7; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
If i'm gonna own this, Yes I'd wait a few months for the price to come down and besides, gotta first look out for custom roms or how to root first! I hate whatever stock apps samsung has.