Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 release date set for end-March, priced slightly higher than iPad mini
The news come from Bulgaria where local etailer Tablet.bg obtained both the price and release date of the Note 8.0.
A Wi-Fi-only version of the Samsung’s Galaxy Note 8.0 will launch at the price of some 699 Bulgarian leva, or the equivalent of 359 euro. In comparison, the iPad mini costs 349 euro for the 16GB Wi-Fi only version.
There will also be a 3G-capable model of the Note 8.0, and its price will be around 869 Bulgarian leva (that translates to some 449 euro).
So far, Samsung’s 8 incher is rumored to have a 1,280 x 800-pixel display (better than the 1,024 x 768-pixel one on the iPad mini), a 1.6GHz quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM and the S Pen. That will definitely justify a slightly higher price than the iPad mini, don’t you think?
1. PermanentHiatus posted on 18 Feb 2013, 02:57 10 3
$250 would be the sweet spot, same as the Nexus 7.
Otherwise, it's overpriced.
5. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:14 3 0
agree ....but 299 is acceptable ,..but i think samsung is planning to release their galaxy tab series at that cost
18. Wiki_jaan posted on 18 Feb 2013, 05:31 0 2
i dont get y a physical button while theres on-screen touch buttons......
10. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:33 1 0
too many choice!!!
lets see the review....
how it perfoms and then I will decide :)
13. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:43 1 1
Comparing a Tegra 3 vs an overclocked quad Mali ? theyre not even on the same league boy....
15. RaKithAPeiRiZ posted on 18 Feb 2013, 04:00 2 1
i don't think the chipsets are the concern here ...most people give no concern ...they wan't a working device ,and as far as everything goes the Nexus 7 is unbeatable because of its simplicity ...note 8.0 will have to deal it with the nexus 7 (2nd gen)
16. TylerGrunter posted on 18 Feb 2013, 04:08 0 0
Even 300 Euros should be OK, but I think Samsung is really over their heads when it comes to tablets. Anyway, let's see what the final price will be when it is finally on the market.
17. Jeradiah3 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 04:52 0 0
I hope that its priced around $300 because it shouldnt be overpriced like the iPad mini is!! Since I dont have the Note II (AT&T) in my possesion, this would be a great compliment
23. anywherehome posted on 19 Feb 2013, 00:33 0 0
but according to this comparison (features, capabilities):
goo [dot] gl/OW9X8
this should cost 3x more than iOS devices :)
24. Jeradiah3 posted on 21 Feb 2013, 10:12 0 0
With my birthday coming up, It'll either be the Note 8.0 or the Nexus 7 as a birthday present. I hope that the Note 8.0 isnt overpriced!!
The Note II was already overpriced when it came out and I hope that the Note 8.0 doesnt follow suit
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 02:57 2 5
Would love one if it makes it to tmobile.
14. tusshharish posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:57 0 2
its great but it has very ugly design...& looks like sgn2 is resize to get sgsn 8.0....
3. darkskoliro posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:06 3 3
...I think its ugly as hell. Looks wise? iPad mini wins...but thats the only thing it can win in haha
6. jsdechavez posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:16 2 1
Agree. Galaxy S3 Oversized is ugly. They should have sticked with the original Note 10 design.
4. wando77 posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:10 0 0
Bezels are way too big. Otherwise prefer this to iPad mini
9. bparkerson posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:29 4 0
I simply don't like the fact that all Samsung products look the same including the S3, Ativ, Note 2, all the new 2nd rate budget based devices, and now the Note 8. Hell, even the new S4 is rumored to have the same look. The only distinguishing factor, cosmetically, is shear size! Running this look into the ground wouldn't ya think? It's like listening to the same song over and over no matter the tempo, it still gets old!
11. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:37 0 0
Im gonna get this ....the Wacom stylus is great on my Note 2 but I want a bigger screen to exploit its full potential....functionality wise, it thrashes the Mini
12. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2013, 03:40 1 1
Wacom.technology dont come cheap...plus its 'almost' a Note 2, performance wise it beats the Nexus 7 by a comfortable margin....the price is justifiable IMO
19. JunBringer posted on 18 Feb 2013, 07:52 0 0
Now I'm tempted to sell my Note 2 and use the 3G (hopefully hspa+) model of this since I don't use it as a phone.