Rugged Samsung Galaxy S4 Active leaks on video: Snapdragon S4 Plus, 8 MP camera
16. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Listen all guys..now dont say this is old hardware etc. Because samsung dont want this to overtake their flagship. (Metal body, water proof, dust proof) .
Only Note series can overtake their flagship.
37. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
51. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I'm waiting for the Samsung S 4 Active Mega Mini which should be announced next week
57. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Waiting for Galaxy S4 active core mega mini note hd plus
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dual core? And that S4 plus?
Isn't the S4 Pro supposed to be better than the Plus?
Atleast quad S4 pro would have done better justice...
I think this is a bad mismatch.
5. esperanza (Posts: 33; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
I heard it's SD600 quad core 1.9GHz CPU just like GS4. :D
4. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Sammy have now pretty much invaded the whole market. .. That's there tactic have Samsung everywhere so you can't miss em.
7. abdane (Posts: 471; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Was thinking of getting it instead of the Original GS4, but 8MP and dual core ? no thanks, GS4 here i come :D
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I'm a little worried that at it's thinness it might not take damage very well. The S4 is lovely, but the damage resistance is extremely troublesome. The Active just looks like a coated S4 not something internally made out of more rugged material.
9. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Specs are Xperia Z-ish. Lol
10. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
y give s4 prefix even if its almost half d specs of s4
12. DeathR34PER (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Well, that's a bummer for a tiny degrade of CPU and Camera, along with actual buttons on screen, but hey, still looks good for a rugged phone!
14. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
okay now lets the fight begins
Xperia ZR vs S4 Active
i want to know wich one better??
18. Igneel (unregistered)
Certainly the ZR. ZR has a quad core CPU, Adreno 320 and 13MP camera. This S4 Active has the S4 name just to join the bandwagon of the original S4 for the hype to gain customers.
19. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
I have to agree and the fact you can shot full HD video under water is awesome! Even if it is only for 1m and for 30mins lol
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
let me correct you 1.5 m for 30mins but thats only theory.
the reality is i've seen some one drop Xperia GO into the pool for more 1m deep maybe 2m+ and it still fine
23. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Samsung 8MP equal to xperia Z 13MP.
Check phonearena camera comparison.
25. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
do you know that Sony have fix Xperia Z the camera problem in the latest update
just check this out
26. Jason2k13 (Posts: 551; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
htc one also got an upgrade on their camera, but barely made a difference
29. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
have you check the link???
before the update burst mode have better result
after the update even auto mode have better result than burst mode
please check the link before you talk to much!!!
24. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
don't forget ZR also have user replaceable battery because usualy samsung fans doesn't like non user replaceable battery
27. Jason2k13 (Posts: 551; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
certainly? theres alot of things to consider
assuming its an amoled screen and 1080p vs ZR 720p TFT screen - S4 Active wins
Battery Life - unknown
Camera - samsung has been known to have better cameras than sony
specs - unknown and ZR S4 PRO 1.5 GHz PRo isnt something to brag about in 2013
storage - unknown but we do know the ZR has 8GB internal storage which is pretty bad for an high end phone
features - samsung normally wins this one
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
if you talking about viewing angle and resolution yes S4 Active will wins
but other than that i don't think so if ZR use the same screen like Xperia TX and combine that with sensor on lens (opticontras) it will be good
with 2300 mAh and user replaceable battery. 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.55 inches (~323 ppi pixel density) ZR will have no battery problem
about the camera i agree with but right now Sony have show they can fix the problem, i also heard Sony will bring big improvement for camera in the next android version
S4 PRO 1.5 GHz + 720p display it will be blazing fast. XP Z with 1080p can score 20000+ so maybe ZR will be better
8GB With sounds bad but SD Card will save the day
feature i agree with if S4 Active have the same feature like the S4
IP58 with a two-step camera button so ZR will have much better camera experience
54. Igneel (unregistered)
I don't think it'll be 1080p considering the S4 plus CPU that it uses. S4 pro might not be something to brag about but it's still one of the top performer.
15. taikucing (unregistered)
still ugly & cheap looking
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Dude go troll somewhere else and stop embarrassing your self.
21. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Its not meant to be better than the Xperia Z its got the S4 to do that for it!
28. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
What xperia z way better ..what you mean by that?
Xperia Z is a complete flop phone.
No category xperia z won against S4 .
Dont compare xperia with S4 .
Pathetic TFT screen enough .. Old CPU Old GPU .. Pathetic camera.. pathetic loud speaker performance . Pooor battey life.
Then why are you saying xperia z is better ???
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate shut up, sure he made a fanboy comment but you go over the top with your bs
the xperia aint a flop,
pathetic loud speaker- apps sort this for music playback
old cpu etc- your such a little idiot, everything about specs becomes numbers to brag about with your kind. and by your logic the s4 uses old cpu etc as tech is always moving. aslong as its good in day to day use theres no need for numbers to brag about
battery life- my mate hasnt complained he gets a good 8-9 hours moderate use
camera- been updated plus the s4 aint miles ahead in that area so i suggest you hush on that
stop been a muppet
34. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Numbers does matter my mate .
If numbers does not matter ..we all will have 5 MB harddisk.
When I used my friends xperia Z , I opened asphalt 7 ..it had LAG.. playing heavy games it had LAG . Xperia Z Is a complete flop phone.. I repeat . Xperia Z is a complete flop phone
S4 can be compared with HTC one not with xperia Z .
First thing sony have to do throw away TFT screen . Then we will think about camera and all.
I am presently holding S3 and waiting for almighty Note III .
35. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Even Xperia.Droid will agree with that lags
40. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
+1 yeaah ..
For god sake.he did not see this post .
Otherwise he will start lecture :P
38. pyradark (Posts: 710; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
yah selling 4.6M in 40 days is a flop, even One nor Lumia cant even reach that!!
41. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Hahaha..S4 sold 4 million in 4 Days ..
10times beaten xperia z .
43. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Cmon, that wouldn't make Xperia z a flop!!!
That figure of Xperia Z sales is spectacular for a company aiming for a great start with an amazing device
46. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I am loosing control when people say S4 sucks and praising xperia z ..
do u agree with that
48. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
I have said xperia z flop because did u read the comment that I replied ?
' xperia z is way better than s4 '
Will u agree with that?
Sony is just started and people started saying S4 sucks . Sony have to prove alot in mobile industry . Do not insult samsung.
49. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
I will never ever agree with him, gs4 is the best right now for me. Note3 or Sony Honami will replace gs4 in the market :)
But sony xperia Z is not a flop phone :)
52. aditya.k (Posts: 409; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Okay bro! You're being a big fanboy now! I didn't say 'Xperia Z is way better than S4' but the S4 active. Look at the comment again! S4 was fine but this really looks ugly. Xperia Z has a way better design and I'm sure you'll agree that Z is easier to use or at least that's what I have heard! And yeah, bad viewing angles doesn't mean the screen is totally bad. And what's the difference in CPU? Its just faster. The same GPU is used! Don't blindly say stuff without knowing anything!
32. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 212; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I hope next year Samsung to make only S5 and S5 mini, but both water and dust resistant like Sony with it's Xperia Z....
33. syedej123 (banned) (Posts: 71; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
Wolfson chip is far better..everyone knows that .
This is not fanboy comment ..i am always with truth.
Snapdragon 600 is most advanced for now.. we all expected exynos 5 will be more advanced but it all happened vice versa..bigLITTLE configuration is bit disappointent for now.
Non removable battery who wants ?
We all know android cannot hold in single battery for heavy usages .we can have spare battery and to charge spare battery we have separate dock also . Means we can charge phone and spare battery at same time .
Already 2600maH is efficient ..heavy users can have alternate.. but what u will do other than plugging your phone ..hahaha ? Plug enjoy ur fon.
Camera means after iphone 5, S4 is the best camera for mobiles while considering android platform .
You are the muppet not me.stay away.
36. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Yay! Samsung has shown that they can make even more ugly phone than S4.
Proudly presenting: S4 Active. Design for ugliness.
42. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 441; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Do you know whats the bitter truth?-You are stupid
53. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Do you know whats the bitter truth?-It really looks ugly than S4 even more than your face.
56. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
39. wando77 (Posts: 254; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I'm a big fan of Samsung phones but have to say I'm getting a little pissid off with the low spec spinoffs of the flagships. The s3 mini was CRAP and so is the s4 mini/rugged. Rugged should have same specs as s4 and mini should have same specs except a 4.2" 720p screen and smaller battery. All they will do is tarnish the name of the ACTUAL flagship when people talk about how poor the performance is on there dual core version of the s4. How low quality the screen is. Bad move Samsung. If people want a low spec 4.2" phone let em get a gs2 or one of your million other phones available. Grow a pair and make a really hi spec 4.2" phone
47. Hemlocke (unregistered)
I don't see how this would qualify as "rugged," at all. A better case with no more side protection, combined with the tight bezels, means this thing would be lucky to survive a fall. Don't bother telling us it is rugged if it still shatters from a normal fall, let alone the kind of beating it would take in outdoor activities.
50. BigBoss10 (Posts: 196; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
It would be better if was a Quadcore and keep the same specs as the S4!
Dual core and 8MP Camera onboard common SAMMY are you joking us huh... a bit disappointed!!!