Rogers confirms record-breaking BlackBerry Z10 launch
Nevertheless, it appears that we've been told the truth, as the Canadian carrier Rogers has now issued a statement, which confirms what was previously said by CEO Thorsten Heins. According to Rogers, which was the first carrier to offer BlackBerry in 1999, the Z10's launch was indeed the most successful BlackBerry launch ever. In some stores, Rogers has even sold out of Z10 units, so new stock had to be ordered.
Once again, though, we don't get to see any official numbers, other than the mention that Rogers activated "thousands" of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones on launch day, which doesn't sound like such an extraordinary achievement.
You can learn more about the BlackBerry Z10 from our review here!
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Mindless bb fans lined up and buy this for no reason :(
5. atbaan (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
z10 is perfect except the battery life even has flash which android 4.1 doesnt support :)
15. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Android 4.1 supports Flash, you just have to install the .apk
18. atbaan (Posts: 14; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
The point is android no longer support flash officially
6. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
You line up to buy Apple products don't you? Even if you buy them second hand, you're still lining up to buy one and use it.
The BB Z10 is going to be my next phone. I'm done with Windows Phone.
7. freebee269 (Posts: 531; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i have a lumia 920. htc m7 will be my next phone. i want a 1080p screen but dont want 5 inches. so the m7 is perfect. i just hope the camera lives up to its "ultrapixel" billing.
12. simplyj (Posts: 404; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
I thing HTC's designs are great. Much better than Samsung for sure. I prefer the Super LCD3 over the AMOLED HD screens as well. People will hate on me for that.
I already have a Nexus 7, and havent decided if I want another Android device at the same time.
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I thing HTC's designs are great. Much better than Samsung for sure. I prefer the Super LCD3 over the AMOLED HD screens as well. People will hate on me for that."
I don't hate, I agree with this! I also don't like OLED based displays, because at the moment they have more disadvantages than advantages.
11. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Mindless iPhone fans lined up and buy it for no reason :(
14. donfem (Posts: 575; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
The "mindless reason" you line up for your mindless phone right?
17. Mittal (Posts: 493; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Ppl i think its about time we stopped feeding this TROLL
Your comment added no value to any discussion.
One of your objectives was to be the 1st to make the post
Kindly dont be such a limelight seeker
3. drdaly (Posts: 40; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
For god sack stop bashing BB success!!
Wish them the good luck in their way and stop being so damn suspicious about their sales and product efficiency, because all the topics are so Bashing them !!!
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I won't be surprised if after a while they will also confirm record-breaking disappointment (only my opinion).
8. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
haha thats only "your" desire too......
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is not desire, it is what I think.
10. Muzhhur (Posts: 257; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Well, we wil see what comes next.. give them time
13. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3430; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Even if the Z10 sells way more than any other Blackberry before it, I would say that's a rather dubious honor at best. The smartphone market is many times larger than it was in heyday of the Blackberry, so it should break those previous records. We'll have to wait & see how these numbers actually stack up against today's giants.
19. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
for the Canadian lunch, this is good news!