Retail packaging for Apple iPhone 5C leaks
While we have to look at the photograph with a skeptical eye, the plastic packaging in the photo does resemble the way that the Apple iPod touch is currently displayed. The 5th generation Apple iPod touch is sold in a similar plastic container with the device inside the container, covered with a transparent top.
The latest word we have is that Apple will introduce the Apple iPhone 5C and Apple iPhone 5S on September 18th with the actual launch taking place on September 27th. The Apple iPhone 5C will allegedly be similar to the Apple iPhone 5 but with a plastic shell and other key parts made from plastic to lower the build cost. Those buying the iPhone 5C will be able to select different from different colored shells. The phone is expected to help Apple compete in emerging markets with low-cost handsets like the Nokia Lumia 520.
source: Weiphone (translated) via AppleInsider
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wait a minute! iPhone 5C? Sony Xperia C?
So now manufacturers will name their low cost phones with a C on it?
11. ankiipankii (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 Jun 2013)
cook's cheap crap colorful iphone build for chinese customers
13. stephenju (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Feb 2013)
Nothing from Apple can be qualified anywhere near "cheap".
32. tedkord (Posts: 7359; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Why not? We can classify Samsung phones that have a higher BOM than the iPhone as cheap.
49. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1673; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
They have a higher BOM because Samsung doesn't lock in components like Apple does and take advantage of huge economies of scale. If Apple made the S4, it would be significantly cheaper.
21. zennacko (Posts: 236; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
As if any flagship was assembled/produced/etc. on Japan or the US...
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Made in Japan is pure quality and prestige™®©
46. ianbbaa (Posts: 296; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Probably this wont sell well in China as its own chinese fake will be 20USD of less...so again, no market for Apple in China.
2. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3137; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...or it could simply be Tim's last name. iPhone 5 Cook.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't think the iPhone 5 is edible.
54. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
A couple of iPhones have cooked people. Shocking I know.
42. DigitalBoy05 (Posts: 209; Member since: 04 Jun 2011)
C is for Cookie! COOKIE COOKIE COOKIE
7. Samir_Maric (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
C Means Cheap that's Iphone 5C (Cheap iphone)
33. tedkord (Posts: 7359; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, it's iPhone 5c as in 5-si! Or yes, in espanol.
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Apple iPhone 5C...cheap, crap what else? Seriously... I like Apple devices but this is wrong!
14. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Imo, premium model wasn't doing much for me with these skittle versions doing even less.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Full of haters, bashers and Trolls in here
18. veer.d (Posts: 88; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
now every OEM copying name from NOKIA'S C SERIES
52. sennarose88 (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
So Nokia invented alphabet "C"? I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
19. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Phone's not even released yet and Apple is already taking hits to their quality reputation.
22. taikucing (unregistered)
Now Apple is producing more plastic waste. I don't want to live in this planet anymore
27. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Looks like they just threw all those phones in a big box...oh well its plastic anyways
31. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
The "C" probably is meant to stand for "Color"... but damn, the internet is gonna have a field day going with "Cheap" instead.
34. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
the pic is really there case there going back to old days where every phone was a brick and they be naming it ithrow
35. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
or they be calling it iphone 5 current so the people that was zapped cant sue
37. Jack58221 (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
it fits in with the rest of the naming... iPhone, iPhone 3g, then iPhone 4 and 5. no iPhone 2....
now we have iPhone 5, an iPhone 5 light or what ever, and option C... like iPhone 2, they forgot about labeling the other 2 as option A and B.
38. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 209; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
The C could stand for:
41. wenennefer (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Jul 2013)
It looks like a batch of rejects as it was meant to be (s) and the machine was programmed incorrectly and printed (c) instead.
44. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
A bunch of Android Trollers at their Lamest
47. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Introducing the C, the IPHONE C, do you C it? Tell me you C it
48. TechDork (Posts: 262; Member since: 10 May 2010)
The roundness/curvature of the packaging is similar to the casing of the phone, at least to me. I don't see what's wrong with it.
56. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3532; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
The box looks much cooler than the C for 5C.
57. x88yunkw (Posts: 98; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
they got 5C, meaning to say 6 is coming? take my money, my 1st apple's product.