Report: Update after launch could give BlackBerry Passport 4K video capture
Like the rest of the phone, the Passport's rear camera offers some delectable specs. We are talking about a 13MP snapper with Auto Focus, Optical Image Stabilization, and an f/2.0 aperture which should allow for quality pictures in low-light situations. The camera will feature 1080p video at 60fps. The snapper has 5X digital zoom, continuous and touch to focus, and image stabilization.
No BlackBerry has ever hit the market so well spec'd. The 4.5 inch 1440 x 1440 screen, along with the unique QWERTY keyboard, gives the BlackBerry Passport a design that you either love a whole lot, or hate. BlackBerry users in the past might have been happy with their phone for work, but many would have a second phone (an Apple iPhone or Android model) for play. We get the sense that BlackBerry CEO John Chen, believes that those purchasing the Passport won't require a second phone.
You can checkout a 1080p clip captured by the BlackBerry Passport, by clicking on the video below.
source: mobilenet.cz via Crackberry
1. Astoni (Posts: 629; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
You can say what ever you want but i still thinkg blackberry feels lika a big joke.
14. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1306; Member since: 29 May 2014)
And you trolled all the way to this post just to make that statement?
19. parthoman (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
oh tell me more :D
i am laughing my lungs out with ur lame joke.
27. Ashoaib (Posts: 2949; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
john chen is proving his competance... passport looks pretty solid phone and bestly specd... I think after note 4 if any other phone can be a second option for proffesional n multimedia mix then it will be a passport... infact passport will surpass note 4 at proffesional front
2. fzacek (Posts: 2481; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Dang! I really wish this phone ran Android...
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Would be an incredible Android phone.
I'd love to see Blackberry make a version of Android with some Blackberry "secret sauce" for added security that was compatible with the common uses of root.
Cannibalize yourself before your competitors do.
18. parthoman (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
it can run android apps but not root privelage.
22. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2047; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
It' runs android ..... Two OS's.....yup
4. Mrmark (Posts: 200; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
The OIS if that is what it has looks great and is working great
6. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The more information that's released about this phone, the more we see not only how good it's going to be, but also that BlackBerry is putting in a whole lot of effort to make this a great handset. Haters and trolls can say what they will, but this phone is DEFINITELY NOT a joke, and CERTAINLY DOES NOT need to run any other OS, including Android. Those of us who use/have used BB10 know how great the OS is. With the hardware specs on this phone, as well as the BB10 software, this phone is DEFINITELY destined to be an awesome handset! Great job, BlackBerry!
7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I agree completely. BB10 is not a bad OS. Unfortunately, it is not a popular OS. Hopefully the Passport will help change this.
Mobile consumers would truly benefit from the recovery and resurgence of an innovative company like Blackberry.
10. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I agree with your statement completely. BlackBerry 10 isn't a popular OS among consumers. There has been, however, some slight gains in that retrospect. Consumer opinion about BlackBerry is slowly changing.
Hopefully, with the Passport being released, consumers will take a second look at this awesome OS.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Do you know when the Passport is going to be available in the US? I'd love to try one of these in person.
As I said in another message, the Passport is the first design in a long time that treats the phone as a small portable computer instead of something made primarily for talking. It looks like a great balance of form and functionality.
15. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1306; Member since: 29 May 2014)
For the US I would say Verizon & At&t would be your best bet. Though it will be available through BB's website as well.
17. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Thanks! Is it supposed to be available next month?
25. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Yes, next month is a safe bet. October the latest.
24. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
It's going to be released in September or October. My bet is September. Carriers in the U.S. will most likely be Verizon and AT&T, at first. Sprint may carry one later on, as they carry the Q10.
8. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Times sell off and go to Android. This phone is not going to sell well
13. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1306; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Still trolling away huh? Never anything of quality to say.
9. MartyK (Posts: 732; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
The clip was jumpy, hopefully this is not the final version.
Love the design of this phone especially doing company email, (no offensive)I hate this iphone they gave us to use for our company email!!..it's a joke!
12. mihulsingh (Posts: 16; Member since: 05 Mar 2014)
Why do people keep saying "I wish it was an android phone"?
BB10 has Android runtime built in and it has got better with the 10.3 update.
You can run almost all of the android apps flawlessly.
I have a Q5 and its brilliant.
16. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
For me, I like Android because the user can customize it to their heart's content. I like the apps like Xposed and XPrivacy and many other apps that require "root" privileges.
BB10 is a decent OS, but it is not nearly as customization friendly as Android.
26. Zeeya (Posts: 228; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
BlackBerry10 is an incredible OS and I still don't get why so many people (not you) hate it so much...
I can't wait to get 10.3.1.. it will be awesome...
And I hope BlackBerry will stop someday to produce phones with 1+ years old specs... but fortunately they keep doing a phenomenal job with the OS
28. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"BlackBerry10 is an incredible OS and I still don't get why so many people (not you) hate it so much..."
I believe BB10 is based on the QNX Neutrino RTOS. It's a good platform to build a phone OS on.
Hopefully Blackberry will continue their resurgence. More products like the Passport can only help.
29. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
BB10 is indeed based on the QNX Neutrino RTOS. It's a great OS, and keeps on getting better with each update.
IMO, BB10 and Android are the two best OS's out in the market today.
20. parthoman (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Aug 2014)
Haters gonna hate , potatoes gonna potate.
blackberry rocks , period !!
30. hooman (Posts: 1; Member since: 31 Aug 2014)
This isn't as beautiful as I thought.... I think iphone 6 will more beautiful than this... after all I love Samsung...but we must wait and see...
31. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
The iPhone 6 will not compare to the Passport...in looks(my opinion), and definitely not in functionality(that's a fact!).
33. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
Says the worthless troll with nothing of worth to say.
BlackBerry is worth more than you'll ever be.
34. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's too bad PA didn't take the article tip, but this Czech review of the Passport has some positive comments about the new keyboard. Overall, looks like a first class phone.
ranslate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&pr ev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fmobilenet.cz %2Fclanky%2Fvyzkouseli-jsme-blackberry-passport-ma-touchpad-v-klavesnici-17025&edit-text=
35. meanestgenius (Posts: 6438; Member since: 28 May 2014)
It really is a shame PA didn't take the article tip, but I'm not surprised. PA tends to view BlackBerry in a negative light from what I've seen.
The Passport really does look like a first class phone, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Kudos for posting this review article, especially since PA didn't(or won't).