Pizza Hut concept shows touchscreen table interacting with your Apple iPhone
It's a fascinating idea and could change the way that people are served in restaurants in the future, not just at Pizza Hut. Of course, it does remove the human touch from going out to eat. On the other hand, you might get to enjoy your meal faster and paying for it could be quick and painless without having to reach for your wallet for cash or a credit card.
Whether you like the idea of a touchscreen table greeting you by name, and knowing information about you stored on your phone, you have to admit that the concept looks pretty darn cool (and not at all cheesy). Check it out yourself by clicking on the video below.
source: PizzaHut via RedmondPie
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8923; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Pizza Hut has the best hot wings ever! But this is cool too.
7. Kuroki (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
but i hate their pizza . . . for me, their crust taste like a normal bread
8. Kuroki (Posts: 81; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
and their crust is like deep fried in oil eew
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
IMO otherwise good pizzas, but crust could be better.
16. Finalflash (Posts: 1912; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yea, the pizza hut in the UK is pretty terrible. The crust is almost always soggyish and spongy. Also tastes like terribad bread while being insanely expensive (thanks to conversion rate a large here costs like $20).
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow! $20... It's like $10 here in Texas..
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Are you nuts?... Pizza hut is the best!!!!!
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
wow uh.. they'd better clean those tables REAL GOOD before the next customers come but even so... touch the touchscreen table and then touch your pizza.. sorry! OCD with hands and germs here because it's so easy to get ill without clean hands. And I hope the customers wash their hands after touching the table and before eating their pizza (nvm, that's their decision).
*On the positive note, it looks fun and convenient lol.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8923; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You touch dirty menus before eating do you not?
4. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I wash my hands as they prepare the meal lol, but I guess I see your point.
5. tacarat (Posts: 215; Member since: 22 Apr 2013)
"I specifically placed my pepperoni to resemble the late Elvis Presley. This looks nothing like that. Send it back!".
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6740; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I prefer real NYC flat pizza than pizza hut
13. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1054; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Yeah nothing wrong with ordering a $10 pizza on a $10k table right?
11. nlbates66 (Posts: 314; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
this seems very similar to the original surface table idea by Microsoft, Except Pizza hut have actually went through with it.
EDIT: Microsoft calls it pixelsense or something now...
12. RandomUsername (Posts: 560; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Why does he lay the iPhone on the table, it doesn't even have NFC...
15. Finalflash (Posts: 1912; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The iPhone has nothing to do with the actual table, it is just there to represent a generic smartphone. The title to the article is of course Alanized for Apple because otherwise it wouldn't be on here.
20. Sauce (unregistered)
Yes it does
23. Slammer (Posts: 1125; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Finalflash is elaborating to the fact that the article seems to represent that the table will only work with Apple iphones or devices. In contrary, the table in final build, will work with multiple platforms; not just Apple.
The tech sites need to recognize the universal language given in support to modern day business and recreational functions. Not just splashing Apple's name all over while neglecting the other platforms.
E.G. Radio stations claiming that you can stream their stations with the iphone app. Up until recently, many consumers thought the only way you could stream the station, was if you had an iphone. That has now changed with the meeting in Dallas, TX that most all smartphones can stream. The ads have changed now to cater EVERYONE. Not just Apple users. The question was presented to the broadcasters association on why they wouldn't want to expand the listening base? The question was noted and immediate change was made. Now you can hear the stations claiming you can download apps to your "Smartphone".
Just thought I would clarify the truth in advertising to help quell biased reporting.
14. nazyr1803 (Posts: 82; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
and after this many people argue each other and fighting about how they make their own and then break their relationship especially bf & gf. pizza hut love to do that XD
18. Slammer (Posts: 1125; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
You can use the table with other platforms as well. Just thought I should clarify this. The table is a conceptual idea that the corporation is spending huge dollars on for ALL their customers.. Catering just to Apple customers, would not be in the best interest of the dollars spent.
25. adrianbsk (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Mar 2014)
all people know the itables from LTi worldwide, for ordering pizza and pasta with menu, please see in action: youtu.be/XSgY2UVdZ2c