Pantech Vega Iron 2 officially announced as yet another flagship smartphone from Korea
Measuring 144.2 x 73.5 x 7.9mm and weighing 152 grams, the Pantech Vega Iron 2 sports a 5.3-inch 1080p Super AMOLED display, and runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Other features include LTE-Advanced, a 13MP rear camera with what Pantech is calling “Wide Optical Image Stabilization”, 2.1MP front-facing camera, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal memory, and a 3,220 mAh battery.
Pantech will start selling the Vega Iron 2 later this month in South Korea, offering white and black versions of it - both being manufactured using a metal frame. There’s no word on how much the smartphone will cost, and neither on an eventual international availability.
Interestingly, Pantech announced the new Vega Iron 2 the same day when LG (one of Pantech’s rivals) officially revealed its first Quad HD smartphone: the LG Isai FL. However, the Isai FL is exclusively made for Japan - although it looks like it can be seen as a precursor to the LG G3, which should be widely available around the world.
Pantech Vega Iron 2 official renders
Pantech Vega Iron 2 live photos
1. Super3310 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Wnice specs huge battery worth the buy lets wait for the review on how it match up against shamesung(u know wat i mean)
17. Ashoaib (Posts: 1987; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No, not at all.. we dont know what you mean. Whatever!...
Atleast this phone is having better design than both lg and samsung
4. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4303; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Very well said
this phone looks sex and slick like the P7 oppo7 One+
6. sar44 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
If 13MP is Sony IMX214, 5.3-inch 1080p Super AMOLED like S5 (better brightness, viewing angles, color reproduction in cinema mode (106% instead of 122%), anti-glare) and if it have sound at headphones, then yes, but these two parameters equal
8. sar44 (Posts: 201; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
(*good sound at headphones)
(*two parameters is screen and camera)
Also he does best of all
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks a lot bettter than the S5 imo... Btw, does anyone know where I can get this sexy beast? Pantech don't usually release their phones outside of South Korea.
10. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1841; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Maybe here...http://liaow.com/index.php.. I'll be picking up , the Nubio X6, from there
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5404; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I saw this website before, they sell a lot of Chinese phones. But Pantech is from South Korea, so it's not available on the website you mentioned. But thanks anyway.
18. Ashoaib (Posts: 1987; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
ZTE Nubia X6 is a beastly phone... better specs than any... butwww.liaow.com is selling it in a very high price
5. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Looks like a GSII with a metal bumper. I love the black one though.
7. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Phonearena specs page lists phone as 2GB RAM...article has it as 3...
19. Ashoaib (Posts: 1987; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Specs page is old when phone was not officially disclosed
9. npaladin2000 (Posts: 134; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I might be interested in one of those.
The phone is nice too. :)
15. RandomUsername (Posts: 457; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
On pic #3, is that a fingerprint sensor?
16. jayd3n (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
If it wasn't because of that new beastly specs i kinda prefer more the old vega iron design :-/ what happened to the slim bezel? and that home button messed up the front view really. Any news for kitkat update for the VEGA IRON 1? coz im still waiting.... and waiting.... :-/ :-|
21. jayd3n (Posts: 23; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
UPDATE: KITKAT update to the vega iron (IM-A870S) model is already out, im running 4.4.2 now :) the remaining 2 models (IM-A870L and IM-A870K) will be next in line but no news of when.