Overheating processors may have caused Apple to delay the iPhone 5
The rumor says that Apple will be launching a slightly upgraded iPhone 4S this year because of the issue. This is something that we have all heard in the past. However, this is where things get a little sketchy. Sohu.com said that the iPhone 4S would have a dual-core processor. The A5, which they claim was overheating, is the dual-core processor that would power a supposed iPhone 4S.
It is possible that a hardware redesign for an iPhone 5 would have a different effect on the processor than the iPhone 4 body style that is said to only contain some minor upgrades, like a better camera. It was also stated that Apple may be holding out on production for a dual-core A6 processor to be ready. But still, this is a rumor and should be regarded as such.
Recent reports are suggesting a major upgrade to the iPhone will hit the shelves as early as August. Until Apple makes a new iPhone official (or if one of their employees leaves it in a bar), nobody really knows what is going to happen at this point. Tell us what you think in the comments.
source: Sohu.com via BGR
1. Leyjee posted on 14 Jul 2011, 23:40 9 4
who really gives a s**t! I'm not an iPhone hater, but i cant help thinking droid and wp7 will rule :)
2. E.N. posted on 15 Jul 2011, 00:00 9 4
I disagree with the Android statement, but you know for sure you're a hater when you say Windows Mobile 7 will rule.
23. Shafeer posted on 15 Jul 2011, 09:56 2 0
Do you not think your a Fanboy for saying that though? Any platform can rule whether its iOS, Android or WP7
34. corps1089 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 16:44 1 0
I guess its a good sign for Apple to come out on top when your product is so popular you are struggling to find capable suppliers and reliable parts.
But c'mon Apple, you should not have have dipped into the bin of overheating Playstation parts...
3. android_hitman posted on 15 Jul 2011, 00:50 6 5
iphone 5 delayed, apple loosing in court!! aaaa it's the end of the world....
4. Sniggly posted on 15 Jul 2011, 01:15 11 3
*shrugs* just another reminder that no phone company is perfect. At least Motorola can get a dual core processor right. So can Samsung. But ooh, too bad, Apple. You kinda burnt those bridges, didn't you?
Yes, I'm aware that Nvidia and TI designed the Motorola processors. But they still had to make the processors work with the rest of the phone.
5. me144 (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 01:32 3 4
you do know that apple only makes the processors the rest of the phone is made by LG and Samsung and some other small company
10. ph00ny posted on 15 Jul 2011, 02:32 2 2
You do know that apple only designs their SOC based on the ARM design and it's actually fabricated by samsung. Rest of the phone is put together by the parts supplied by many companies including samsung and LG
35. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 19:14 0 0
"You do know that apple only designs their SOC based on the ARM design..."
1. Apple's A5 SoC is designed by Apple.
2. CPU is designet by ARM (which is inside Apple's A5 SoC).
3. Apple's A5 SoC is manufacture by Samsung.
+ Some more info:
All it is about a Apple's A5 SoC (System-on-a-chip) and it contains not only CPU inside. That's mean SoC heat is produced NOT ONLY by CPU (of course it is mostly, but not only). Also heat level depends not only on clock speed of CPU, it also depends on architecture of CPU. Also we can't forget about a casing.
So, heat can be generated drop by drop not only by CPU, remember that we are talking about a whole SoC not only about CPU (+casing).
13. 530gemini posted on 15 Jul 2011, 04:00 3 2
So sniggly. You're taking this rumor as a fact then? Lol. I bet if this was something positive about the next iphone, you'll take it as a major rumor, right? Lol.
17. Sniggly posted on 15 Jul 2011, 07:03 4 2
Not necessarily. The rumor could still be false. But the rumors about the iphone coming to Verizon were true, the rumors about the iPhone being delayed were true, etc. So there's a good chance that this rumor is true too.
30. 530gemini posted on 15 Jul 2011, 13:10 0 0
Just like the rumor since 2008 of an iphone nano, an iphone with a keyboard, etc. There are more rumors about the iphone that turned out to be false. So there's a bigger chance that this rumor will be false as well :)
6. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 15 Jul 2011, 01:33 8 9
The iphone doesn't even need a dual core processor. Why on earth would you put a dual core processor on a feature phone anyway?
9. android_hitman posted on 15 Jul 2011, 01:53 2 3
because we can :)
37. ivanprskalo posted on 18 Jul 2011, 04:53 0 0
We??? Who exactly you are? Some kid who owns iPhone which was bought by his dads money?
11. ph00ny posted on 15 Jul 2011, 02:33 4 5
iphone doesn't because it doesn't multitask properly....
31. box (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 14:44 0 0
But as for why, so that it's at least up to date - in specifications alone - to the top-tier phones from its competetition
33. shayan posted on 15 Jul 2011, 14:53 1 0
wow this was the best " screw apple" comment I've read in this site.
12. BoogieEJ (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 03:34 4 5
REMEMBER EVERYONE........... Apple revolutionized the Smartphone industry with the iPhone and THEY did revolutionized again with the invention of the App Store,,,,,, and thats why alll this Android and WP7 got cool Apps........... REMEMBER dont forget the CREATOR :D
18. NeXoS posted on 15 Jul 2011, 08:31 8 2
Ford revolutionized transportation, when everyone was using horses and buggies, Ford created assembly line automobiles.
But today, I drive a BMW. You can live in the past with your Ford, I'll take my BMW any day.
21. Sniggly posted on 15 Jul 2011, 08:41 6 1
Aw, don't pick on Ford. They make awesome cars again.
But your point stands.
14. 530gemini posted on 15 Jul 2011, 04:03 4 3
And of course once again all the fandroids rush in treating this rumor to be a known fact. But when the next iphone comes out proving the rumors false, fandroids pretend that they never said anything and totally forgets all the s**t they post on here :)
15. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 06:29 1 1
16. jroc74 posted on 15 Jul 2011, 06:59 0 0
Ok....whats the difference between the chip in the iPad 2 and the chip going in the iPhone 5? Unless it something to do with the phone radio causing problems? Or is the iPhone 5 too thin?
If this is true...
20. ztedac posted on 15 Jul 2011, 08:39 0 0
so happy that samsung does not have the same problem ^^
22. taco50 (banned) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 09:27 1 0
Sniggly how long has the bionic been delayed? When the iPhone 5 comes out it will be the best phone by customer satisfaction and sales and bionic will be a failure just like all of Motorolas phones.
24. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 10:22 0 3
Talks without proofs is only heresy
28. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 12:18 0 2
Yes, I know and that's was mine.
27. BenCjamin posted on 15 Jul 2011, 11:11 1 2
I disagree. Samsung's galaxy S II will be the best phone by customer satisfaction and the iphone sales will slow more than last year.
32. taco50 (banned) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 14:49 2 0
"iphone sales will slow more than last year"
iPhone had record sales last year so I'm not sure if you're really that dumb.
25. gallitoking posted on 15 Jul 2011, 11:06 1 0
at lest they test before they sent it out to consumers... unlike the T-bolt that i had for 2 weeks and overhesated soo much that had to used to make my pancakes...so went back to my Droid X with Ginger and Maryann :-)
29. andro (unregistered) posted on 15 Jul 2011, 13:07 0 1
the overheating is because of the raging burning anger apple now has over being passed out by android!! Sueing is now being considered
38. ivanprskalo posted on 18 Jul 2011, 04:55 0 0
Finally - signs of Apples slow but imminent death!