OnePlus 2 gets a permanent $40 price cut: you can now buy the 64GB model for $350
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Unless it costs 100$ less than oneplus one, it's not worth it. oneplus one is so much better than this thing.
8. Good-Is-Better (Posts: 69; Member since: 12 Nov 2015)
To be sincere, what makes oneplus one better than better than the oneplus 2?
9. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Way better battery life(around 2x), thinner lighter, better calibrated display, faster(oneplus 2 shuts down A57 cores and is basically as fast as a SD 410 in real life).
I don't see any practical reason why anyone would choose 1+2 over 1+1.
I'm pretty sure you are going to ask me for the source of the performance issue. So this is straight from anandtech review:
I don't really want to retread the Snapdragon 808 and 810 topic, but it's really worth noting that this is the worst implementation of the SoC I've seen to date."
10. Shocky (Posts: 2067; Member since: 16 May 2012)
GPU performance, the one area the SN810 is not that weak.
Sacrificing the Cortex A57 cores is acceptable if your a gamer, in fact for general use I doubt anyone would even notice they were disabled.
Not making excuses for OnePlus 2, but not everyone has the same priorities.
12. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I doubt anyone will be happy with a slow usual phone. And yes, a gamer won't be happy anyway as the oneplys two dies pretty quickly while gaming.
13. Anaron (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Sep 2014)
Being a huge OnePlus One fanboy myself, I'm gonna have to disagree. The only two things that the OPO beats out the OP2 is battery life and colour calibration of the display.
14. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
How about performance, thickness and weight.
2. redmd (Posts: 1220; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
THE G FLEX 2 IS THE CHEAPEST SNAPDRAGON 810 PHONE IN EXISTENCE
4. Planterz (Posts: 1998; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
WHAT!?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!
You're right though. $200 for the G Flex 2. Too bad it'll have the overheating/thermal throttling issues.
5. skyline88 (Posts: 437; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
GOOD TRY, BUT NOPE, THE CHEAPEST PHONE WITH SD810 IS XIAOMI MI NOTE PRO.
6. Moose (Posts: 224; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
Good price but I don't believe their reason for the price reduction. Nobody does that. The only possible reason is over supply and under demand. They must be selling fewer devices than they made.
7. MichiGo (Posts: 151; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
Well their detailed review paints the phone as pretty crappy. I just looked over it again and honestly it is not worth 350 based on PAs review
11. tokuzumi (Posts: 877; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
Hmmm....I will do more research on this phone. $350 seems to be a pretty good price point for this phone.