Now, it's the 5.5-inch iPhone's turn to have its battery caught on camera
1. Cynaraos (Posts: 13; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Thanks for actually pointing out that the part number on the alleged 6/Air battery was the same as on the 5s battery.
12. techperson211 (Posts: 823; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Is it an iPhone? or Ipad mini mini? Batteries are not the priority of apples engineer so good luck to apple fans. Happy wall hugging!!
15. TheMoltenD (Posts: 109; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
A 4.7" display with a resolution boost will mean horrible battery life if they keep the 5s battery :).
19. Ninetysix (Posts: 1814; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You seem to be implying that they have a terrible battery life.
23. Iodine (Posts: 724; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Batteries are not the priority for Apple engineers ? They have the highest capacity/weight and capacity/volume ratios in their batteries. Let's take the iPad mini retina. An very thin, light battery, but holds 23,8 Wh or about as much as iPad 1 and 2, more than sony xperia tablet Z (all of those are 10" tablets) significally more than samsung Tab S 8,4 (17,8 Wh) while weighting just about 10% more, while implementing metal chassis and heavy (compared to amoled) Retina display. And only thing that overcomes iPad mini is xioami mi pad which is bassically a ripoff so we can compare that it has 25,46 Wh battery in a 1 mm thicker chassis, and it's heavier even when it uses plastic build.
26. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Important thing is battery life or how many hours we can use the device not those capacity ratios. .
3. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It would be dumb of Apple to use anything other than the standard 16:9 aspect ratio on their iPhablet...
4. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I agree. A lot of things are dumb. Your comments being one of them, unfortunately..
5. hassoups (Posts: 423; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
How is it a dumb comment? 16:9 is the standard for a reason.
6. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
I said his "commentS", as in his history of comments, as in his comments made in the past, as in his general attitude and how he comments.
8. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2339; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
So you didn't like what he had to say in the past, and now he makes a decent comment and you still chastise him. Says a lot about you doesn't it. Why not call him out when he makes a dumb comment, and leave it alone when he doesn't. Or is being a d#%k your M.O., at least going by your comment history.
10. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
We all need to be sat down at times.
17. stealthd (Posts: 1014; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
4:3 is generally better for larger screens and web content especially. That's why Microsoft went back to 4:3 with the Surface Pro 3, and Google went with an even more square 3:2 (which was the original iPhone's aspect ratio). The only thing that suffers is video, since 16:9 is the standard for HD video, so you get black bars. So not dumb for general usage, kinda dumb just for video.
21. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I see your point. FYI an aspect ratio of 2:3 is less square than 4:3...
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Come to papa 5.5 inch, 128 gig, gold. Gotta have that shizzle.
13. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Flavor Flave will be strappin that 5.5 inch gold iPhone around his neck.
14. Furbal (Posts: 508; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
If the 5.5 is true, I may have to get one myself. Havent had an ios device myself since the 3gs... Move from that to the HTC Inspire and have been android ever since.
20. fzacek (Posts: 2375; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
TBH it's looking like a pretty good phone. Let's just wait to see what price Apple comes up with...
9. RoundhouseMcGee (Posts: 188; Member since: 25 May 2014)
The foldable part is a shield that will wrap around the battery itself, thus making an iphone less likely to electrocute you, and help deflect and contain battery acid for when the phone mysteriously explodes.
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
No acid involved, it's lithium, vents with flames.
But, agree it is probably a heat shield to shell casing.
18. donutwindy (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Sep 2013)
16x9 isn't really for a reason except to keep phones narrow to hold and use one handed. Tvs were 4x3 long after it made little sense. I think wider is better. Makes the phone shorter and easier to pocket, but harder to use one handed. But who uses a 5.5 inch phone one handed? I never do. If it is to be a small tablet, make it a small tablet. Think outside the box, don't just copy Android. 3x2 would be nice. 4x3 is perhaps a little boxy for a phone, but I don't like Web surfing on the skinny 9x16.
24. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2339; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
The LG Vue smartphone had a 4:3 ratio screen and NOBODY wanted it. IIRC the iPad has a 4:3 ratio screen, but that's intended for two handed use. The only problem is, no one uses 4:3 anymore. Movie screens are 16:9, television and p&s cameras use a ratio between 16:9 and 4:3. Either way they're more rectangular like 16:9 and less square like 4:3.
25. alexboy20 (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Apr 2014)
i have a feeling their isn't going to be a 5.5 inch iPhone, i think they are just testing that big screen size but its gnot going to be released this year