Nokia's affordable Lumia 520 hits the stores
The Nokia Lumia 520 is one of the most affordable Windows Phone 8 devices. It comes with a spacious 4-inch display and with 512MB of RAM that allow it to run more demanding apps like Skype (earlier affordable Lumias like the 610 only had 256MB of RAM and could not run Skype).
In addition to that, you get the free Nokia HERE Maps offline navigation and Nokia Music with Mix Radio streaming service.
The handset features a 1GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor and a 5-megapixel camera capable of recording 720p videos at 30fps. Internal storage is expandable via microSD cards. The Lumia 520 comes in different colors, and initially will ship in white and cyan. At a price of just around $225 off contract, it looks like a good bargain, don’t you think?
source: Carphone Warehouse
1. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Watch this sell extremely well in developing countries. So affordable.
2. jose.vu (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
It does, in Vietnam price is only at 175$, and it sells very well so far
7. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
it is the most affordable windows phone with touch of nokia ...................... it sell gonna rock especially in india..............wish best luck for nokia... :)
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yea sure in maybe 5 years time. S60 and Samsung Nokia are dominating.
14. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
who is samsung in low end markets i never heard of any other phone then SGS2,3,4 or note1,2,3 guees they are s**t thats why no word for mid or low range meh they only make for rich or contract phone buyers
mid range android is worse then symbian
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Blame the oems cause Android is very hungry and a Ram hog, it needs 2gb Ram and 1.5 cpu to run smooth™
512 ram on midrange phones will surely lag.
20. sprockkets (Posts: 1237; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
2GB of RAM is to store the entire OS and apps. Just about everyone else does it that way.
FYI, I have a $170 Samsung phone runnning 4.2.2 and it has not one bit of lag. I can guarantee you though, that Nokia's animations will run significantly slower than a 920. It won't stutter, but it will be slower.
29. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
OS and apps are stored in the ROM not RAM.
I played Temple Run 2 on a new Note II and you know what? It gets stuck and stutters somewhere or the other. Then, i tried it on iPhone 4S which was smooth and pleasing... And i think that has something to do with the OS, not the OEM.
17. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
i think the dislike we got in all above comments from you ................................think positive about everything man dont be so negative........... :D
3. Andrea (banned) (Posts: 52; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Wp has to few games and apps.
This phone is to plastic for me, cheap plastic.
10. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
I don't think you understand the huge market, that is the "cheaper" phone market. Far bigger than anything else.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Totally agree, it has very few apps and games
They have to wait a really really very loooooong time for apps!
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1833; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ok what 700k apps u can run on lowest end android moblies out there guess only 10k hardly so ur point isnt even valid here
on other side wp8 has the better porformance then dual core androids and they can run rather same amout of apps mid range android can run
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why wouldn't it the OS only needs 150 mb of Ram wheres Android need 400 mb of Ram.
Also its halfbaked like iOs what do you expect™
24. sprockkets (Posts: 1237; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
"ok what 700k apps u can run on lowest end android moblies out there"
Ummm, like just about all of them, seeing how Android started out with phones having 528mhz processors and 96MB of RAM?
Just because WP properly animates its GUI candy doesn't make it more or less efficient than anything else.
26. sbw44 (Posts: 399; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Well I have a sister who has a dual core galaxy tab and i have found a lot of apps thats not compatible or that lag as sh*t on it!
Don't even talk about the adds geez that's weak!
30. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Who thinks TROLL should be perma banned? Just click the green thumbs up to show your support for such a move...
21. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Buy an S4, then download 1000 games and apps, let's see how it lags! :P
25. addicted2088 (Posts: 50; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Um, are you the same troll who goes around saying the same thing on every GSMArena post? I think you are. People here would do well not to reply to you.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
About $192 here in India...jolly goodness.
23. sonisoe (Posts: 329; Member since: 06 May 2009)
sadly, if not conquer, at least wp is gonna sell well in the low end segment... you want the best experience from a cheap smartphone, get a wp especially nokia.... android just sucks on a low end device...
27. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 514; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
One of the great things about the polycarbonate Lumia phones is that they can really take a beating. I accidently dropped my Lumia 810 sans case down a metal stairwell and it fell down three flights without a scratch. Try that with an iPhone.
28. JunkCreek (Posts: 404; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
man, low and mid end android not that sucks, except you running 4.04 on it. 1ghz single procc and 256mhz ram are enough for 2.3.x. old os, yes, but, windows xp is still dominating also! be creative and dynamic, and you can get maximum potential of your phone. gezzus...