Nokia Lumia 1520 mini rumored; device to feature 4.3 inch screen, 14MP PureView camera
The rest of the specs include 2GB of RAM and 32GB of native storage. A 14MP PureView camera is on back and a 3000mAh battery powers the whole shebang. The phone is expected to be unveiled after Windows Phone 8.1 is released in April. There is also some thought that this is an international version of the unannounced Nokia Lumia 929 aka the Nokia Icon. However, that phone is expected to launch at Verizon with a 5 inch display.
Take this report with the proverbial grain of salt until we get some official word from Nokia. Check out the slideshow for a couple of glimpses of what is allegedly the Nokia Lumia 1520V.
Is Nokia going to launch a mini version of its Nokia Lumia 1520 phablet?
source: WPBar.cn (translated) via WMPoweruser
5. MrKoles (Posts: 325; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I think they should stay at 1280 x 720. More than enough...
9. Finalflash (Posts: 1799; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Maybe it saves battery but if the difference is marginal then by all means, the more the better.
31. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
There is difference between 1080p and 4k. 4k is more sharper and picture look more clear And have more ppi. So we can think 1080p in 5inch and 4k in 4.3inch.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8645; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Doubt that's going to happen... 720p is more likely.
23. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2353; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I completely agree. Not gonna happen. Those are the kind of rumors that never pan out. If this device does exist, it will be 720 & the battery will not be anywhere near 3000mAh.
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4069; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I agree, but speculating is fun. 1080p on a display less than 5" is pretty much useless, but it would still be cool.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Powerful Mini Smartphone Ever.
Go Nokia we all are waiting for your next phone.
Exciting time ahead....go go go Nokia.
39. lalalaman (Posts: 367; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Oh yeah it is powerful and may beat any mini device...
Though it won't be international version of lumia 929....and it won't have 3 rows as it is possible for 5+inch phone
2. Jommick (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
Good specs, nice camera - if it has the same or better processor, I'd take it.
3. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Very unlikely... This doesn't sound like sth nokia might do. But look at those bazels!
6. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i don't think miniz work that way...should've just be updated 9 series
32. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
You don't know there no impossible word in Nokia dictionary.
35. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2353; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
If that was true, Nokia would be sitting on top of the smartphone world. They're not even in the top 10.
38. hemedans (Posts: 169; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
nokia is amazing you cant deny that. wp os is new one and still nokia manage to penetrate the market look at sells of wp in a year and you will see how.
q3 2012- 2.9m lumia
q4 2012- 4.7m lumia
q1 2013- 5.6m lumia
q2 2013- 7.xm lumia
q3 2013- 8.xm lumia
q4 2013- 9.xm lumia (expected)
look at that trend there is no season or any obstacle which reduce nokia sales. just amazing
40. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2353; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Actually, I can deny it. At the rate they're going, they're still not going to be in the top 10 in a year. I do love their industrial design--some of the most solidly built phones around. Besides that, I remain unimpressed.
68. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You're not impressed❔ Lol❕❕
What device do you have❔
63. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dude its not about selling phone its about innovation damn it. Learn something that what we are talking about.
65. apple4never (Posts: 964; Member since: 08 May 2013)
what good is an amazing phone if nobody buys it?
66. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2353; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Don't tell me what it's about. I know sales don't mean everything, but I hate to break it to you. Nokia isn't the most innovative company out there. That's not to say they aren't great. I believe they are, but they'll never see any serious market penetration only making smart devices on an OS that has 4% worldwide market share. What good is your innovation if most people will never have the opportunity to make use of it?
73. apple4never (Posts: 964; Member since: 08 May 2013)
any of those chinese companies that seem to have everything we north americans don't
11. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
How to make this:
1.Picture of 1520
3.Stretch buttons and move them.
®Nokia future device craft is registered trademark of ihavenoname. All rights reserved.
13. digitalw (Posts: 52; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Voting for 720p. But casual end user will buy it becuase say FULL HD is better then HD, even he will never notice the deifference or can use the higher density. But battery suffers. That is why i would like the 720p. Actualy, it will be mix of the best ergonomy of 4.3" and power!
14. DogeShibe (Posts: 737; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
Just don't name it 1520 Mini...too much confusing,name it lumia mini :/
17. greathero1 (Posts: 490; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
With those specs, this would be gladly welcomed for those who feel phone sizes are getting too large but still want top of the line everything! Probably will be another ATT exclusive so its a no go for me!
19. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Wnat ot in Full HD 1080p and must be over 4.3'inches...
20. boosook (Posts: 1032; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It's not real, a 4.3" fullhd display doesn't exist!
27. XperiaFanZone (Posts: 1396; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
You need to go to a neurosurgeon. asap.
22. Jaeel (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Just give me 720p with that 3000mah battery and I'm fine.
56. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Same here. If it has a 720p with 4.3" screen. It will still have a very sharp screen and a killer battery life with 3000mah.
28. alextheZowner (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
Wow if the specs come true I will drop android and BB10 and go windows
33. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 433; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
And the powerful mini smartphone wars begin!
34. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
What??? 3000 mAh inside a 4.3" phone? How thick would it be then?
37. draconic1991 (Posts: 155; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
the image is fake...as far as i remember Joe from Microsoft said that 6 tile space wont come to just any phone with a 1080p screen....it would have to do with the size of the screen of the phone...and 4.3 definitely doesn't fit that description
41. pinball00 (Posts: 21; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Nokia and Microsoft should focus on improving app store rather then pushing devices to the market I have Nokia 1520 and can't find top apps like google + YouTube etc,
49. brrunopt (Posts: 528; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Microsoft or Nokia can't do nothing about google+ or Youtube, google is the one refusing to create them ..
54. papss (unregistered)
Did you just say that? Wow
72. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Lol❕... If you want a top notch Google experience you should've bought a Google phone... LMFAO❕❕❕..
WP is for folks who aren't stuck up Google's a$$... We're stuck up MS's a$$ instead...
42. reh1965 (Posts: 19; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
@41 try metrotube for YouTube. Secondly if the number of devices is growing, hopefully the number of users will grwand there for the. Number of apps. Though the situation with apps is a mindset not the truth
62. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1100; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
This case size is a better fit for the Human hand to hold. Folks now that Windows smart phones can use all the High tech gear that is available for smart phones to use. Microsoft can turn it's Attention to giving Windows smart phones the software Features that Android and Apple Iphones have that Windows smart phones now do not have. If you own a Windows 8 smart phone rejoice it's going to be upgraded to the more
Powerful Windows Phone 8.1 OS and will have new functions added to Windows smart phones.
64. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
If it comes to pass NICE. I hope that all carriers in the US get it. So far it seems that AT&T has a tight lipped deal with Nokia like there 5yr Apple deal. They get everything 1st with a 6mth or 1yr jump LOL.