No "charred" feelings; Motorola Moto X catches on fire
As it turned out, the Motorola Moto X survived the fire, even booting up and working perfectly. And the owner of the phone? Well, he now has a great story to tell his kids about the time he was so hungry, he set his Moto X on fire so that he could roast some marshmallows.
Fire is a dangerous hazard that doesn't match up well with any handset. But when the back of your phone is made from Pinocchio's cousin, you never know when a small spark might ignite into something big. By the way, the owner of the handset was not trying to turn his Moto X into the Amazon Fire Phone.
source: +DigitalDragon via AndroidCommunity
1. Duketytz (Posts: 534; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
He probably got drunk and threw his it into the campfire.
2. vivek_ananda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
"the owner of the handset was not trying to turn his Moto X into the Amazon Fire Phone". Great line that was !
4. lonestrider (Posts: 87; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
And I was trying to find out how's it related to the Amazon Fire Phone, before realize that it's a joke.
3. sip1995 (Posts: 1203; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I thought that ONLY Samesung devices can catch fire.....
5. CyberFalcon (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
That didnt catch fire...
It was thrown into the fire...
6. tech2 (Posts: 2860; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Even Samsung ones only catch fire when you use a 3rd party battery.
7. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
ALL manufacturers phones have been burnt or have exploded at least once. Nokia's phones on the other hand save people from such explosions and burns. :D
8. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2485; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
ALL manufacturers would include Nokia, no? ;)
9. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1487; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
this guy thought he was holding a wood then he threw it in his chimney..