Next iPhone rumored to come with LTE
1. jamrockjones posted on 12 Mar 2012, 10:27 16 5
And people would freak if the new iPhone had LTE even though it's been around for years now!
9. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 12 Mar 2012, 11:06 7 4
I know, if that is a rumor then the new iPhone will be a total disappointment. A rumor would be like the phone will have a 4.7 inch Retina display & that it transforms into a robot. That is a rumor not that it might have LTE.
30. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 13 Mar 2012, 01:54 2 2
Just because it's been around for "years" doesn't mean it's been perfect. Apple refused to use LTE for the fact that it kills battery life. Course, people with Android will drool at the idea of getting 30+MBPS on their phone with such lackluster battery life.
And this article is speculation fueled by PA. I'd take it with a grain of salt.
2. PAPINYC (limited) 4 days ago posted on 12 Mar 2012, 10:32 7 10
If the next iPhone has LTE it would stand for:
31. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) posted on 13 Mar 2012, 15:30 0 0
Welcome to the future apple
and there gonna say
this changes everything
3. frydaexiii posted on 12 Mar 2012, 10:33 6 0
This news article is like saying a caterpillar will turn into a butterfly...
4. akita256 posted on 12 Mar 2012, 10:40 6 3
If it doesn't come with a significant increase in screen size this time around, it will lose market share for sure!
8. MobileCaseReview posted on 12 Mar 2012, 11:00 3 3
That's what people said about the iPhone 4, and 4S. However, it didn't just gain market value, it shattered unit sales. Apparently size isn't everything.
12. yt6nin posted on 12 Mar 2012, 11:52 2 0
with the Sony Xperia series, Fujitsu smartphone, and the Panasonic ELUGA series!
6. arcq12 posted on 12 Mar 2012, 10:47 6 2
duh, isnt this so obvious? Apple is late again.. soon, its gonna be the late Apple..
20. Sparhawk posted on 12 Mar 2012, 15:09 3 3
Apple is late? There are currently no LTE Windows Mobile or Blackberry devices either. Only Androids, as far as I know.
21. N.Reynolds posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:21 4 0
What are Blackberry devices? Aren't those like smartphones that never changed and ended up getting forgotten?
10. gallitoking posted on 12 Mar 2012, 11:11 3 11
after many reports on how carriers, phone makers are going trough lots of trouble have 4G in selected areas.. and people make dumb comments... yes we knwo 4g is been for more than a year.. we also know that is not in every home yet and less than half of the US population either uses 4G or has a phone capable of 4g so.. not even the phone of the year the SGSII had LTE...
22. N.Reynolds posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:22 0 0
because there wasn't a carrier it launched on that had LTE at the time. And when ATT got LTE they made a SGSII that did as well. The Skyrocket.
25. Cwebb posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:38 0 0
1) Phone of the year wasn't the SGS2
2) Just getting it now doesn't make it a better than having it for almost 2 years, it makes it worse
34. CM_Punk (banned) posted on 14 Mar 2012, 02:33 0 0
Don't bother explaining it. It'll come in one way and go out the other. Everyone is slobbering over LTE, yet I bet even 5% of the ones clamoring for LTE even knows what it means.
LTE is still in the infancy stages and has quite a bit to go before it's relevant enough for me to care. Apple knows this as well since LTE eats battery life up like crazy. But of course, people need to find some way to wave their "I have a 4G phone, you don't(iPhone user)."
11. Jeradiah3 posted on 12 Mar 2012, 11:24 6 1
we all knew that the iPhone would have LTE on it when they announced the LTE-version of the iPad last week.............this is not big news for those who aren't closed minded to only Apple products
14. iamcc posted on 12 Mar 2012, 12:16 5 1
I somewhat disagree. LTE was announced for the iPad because they managed to cram the King Kong of batteries into that mofo so that LTE doesn't give as much of a "drain".
If they can't do something similar with the iPhone5 I would say the chances of it having LTE are still only about 50%.
18. iamcc posted on 12 Mar 2012, 15:00 2 1
No, you're an idiot.
27. gallitoking posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:55 0 2
how about both of you...
33. GENRAL.LEVY (banned) posted on 13 Mar 2012, 21:26 0 0
No just u
19. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 12 Mar 2012, 15:06 0 0
This is a wasted article because that's very obvious that the next iPhone will have LTE
23. N.Reynolds posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:26 0 0
type in "iPhone LTE" in the search bar at the top. I counted 7 articles that said pretty much the exact same s**t this one did. This is not news.
26. Cwebb posted on 12 Mar 2012, 16:40 3 1
In another, the iPhone 4S2 will have an bitten apple symbol on the back...
28. RCMizK3w1 posted on 12 Mar 2012, 19:54 0 0
As much as it is a necessity now a days to have LTE on every phone possible I hope this one doesn't, it will clog up the networks for the rest of us... Think of all the people using Face Time 24/7.
32. cnoevl21 posted on 13 Mar 2012, 18:52 0 0
Personally, I think the next iPhone needs to have LTE, as well as a larger (at least 4") HD display, otherwise it will be a disappointment IMO. Trust me, I know LTE is a batt drain, I have an LTE device now and it drains battery even when im not on 4g lol. But I'm sure Apple can figure out what Android can't; a way to have LTE speed without the battery drain. Or it can do what the Razr Maxx did and have a 3300 batt stock.