New Xiaomi Mi3S to have a Snapdragon 801 processor and improved design
According to Chinese website myDrives, the new Mi3S will have a design enhanced with “more metal.” Its specs will be improved as well, reportedly including a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB of RAM, LTE connectivity, an 8MP front-facing camera, and a 13MP rear camera. The handset’s display seems to be similar to the screen of the Mi3: a 5-inch, 1080p panel.
It’s said that Xiaomi will sell the Mi3S for $320 (1,999 CNY). There’s no word on exactly when the handset will be released. However, as it happened with the Mi3, the new Mi3S should be available in China first. Since Xiaomi started selling handsets in more Asian markets recently, the Mi3S will probably not be a China-exclusive device. But we'll see what happens.
source: myDrives (translated) via GizChina
2. darkskoliro (Posts: 990; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Yeah of the "s" series. Every flagship sucks this year imo.
3. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
dont care if you put any type of processor or 100megapixel camera, i still wont buy any chinese phones..
4. JMartin22 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Right. The poorly optimized specs, along with watered down software makes all those Chinese phones inferior
5. frontlyna (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
OK. I rarely comment on anything on this site, but you really have no idea as to what you're talking about. Xiaomi isn't your typical "Chinese phone". Not only that but MIUI is probably one of the most polished and beautiful running and looking software you can get.
12. majp89 (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Not to mention the Woz is a huge fan of Xiaomi. Just ignorant folks who know nothing about phones making generalized claims.
7. aditya.k (Posts: 463; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Watered down software? Please check MIUI ROM reviews.
8. roobs (Posts: 55; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
So what if they are chinese? I'm sure that 90% of your household appliances come from there. I agree that they make some copycat phones but on the other hand, there are some damn good phones also. Don't know why people are so short-minded..
9. fireblade (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
Not all Chinese phones suck.. it depends on the brand. What I hate most from Chinese brands is the update
10. Diego! (Posts: 507; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Is it me or this looks like 'the other half', the Jolla phone?
11. AfterShock (Posts: 2812; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
It looks like a wp phone to me with the bezels.
Though I wish them luck.
Competition gives us all a better choice down the road.
13. majp89 (Posts: 103; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
These are good looking phones. It's too bad that our government is too busy contradicting itself and banning the sales of Chinese phones for fears of "spying." Xiaomi would probably have a relatively decent-sized market over here.
15. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
sexy phone, will be buying this
16. lojza (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
by the initial test can not this new Xiaomi LTE. can anyone confirm with certainty that the LTE can, therefore, support the bands 800/900/1800/2600 Mhz?
17. Hyper82 (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Apr 2014)
It will the best phone !
I want to see it soon against onePlus One!!!