Motorola trademarks "Moto G", let the speculation begin!
1. paulsteez (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
It's obviously the Moto X Gangsta Edition in gold.
2. Sauce (unregistered)
Gangsta Gold seems about right :p
7. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
very gangsta, all these dudes love it for some reason i guess.http://youtu.be/rRwcIumf-mI?t=4m13s
even as a person who doesnt like apple and iphone, i would say gold colour was a smart marketing
3. Miracles (Posts: 473; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Moto GOLD. Why? BECAUSE "GOLD GOLD GOLD IS BEST!"
8. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Yup I bet it will be a Motorala Nexus type device.
15. roldefol (Posts: 2859; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's just Michael's picture playing with your head.
6. trickster_qc (Posts: 80; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Maybe the upcoming DVX will be made Moto G?
9. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
What would the G stand for then? Gold, green, girl, gay...gg.
11. Shatter (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Now now the iphone isn't golden its "champagne."
Gold is to mainstream for Apple.
G either stands for Gold or Google. If it even means anything.
20. techaman (unregistered)
GEAR its there wearable gear
18. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
What does the "X" stand for for Moto X? What does DVD stand for (hint: it doesn't actually mean anything, though Digital Video Disc does fit as well as Digital Versitle Disc...)
However, according to Jim Taylor, a prominent industry figure, the forum never universally accepted this name and a 1999 report decreed that DVD was "simply three letters" and stood for "nothing".
- DVD FAQ. DVD Demystified. 2006-09-12.
So, in all reality, it doesn't need to mean anything.
21. techaman (unregistered)
x would be cross platform and G would mean gear there watch gear. also if you think that dvd was fun look up blu-ray and hi def that fighter sony won after the loss to vhs they had to win this time.
13. pyromaniac (Posts: 3; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
I'd say this will be for the Supposed DVX. With that device we know it wants to push the real google android experience to the mass market. DVX is doesn't sound like a final product name. MOTO G makes more sense
14. roldefol (Posts: 2859; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I'm going with a lower-end Moto X. X is pretty well established in the industry as the larger or more advanced model (Droid X, One X, etc.)
16. Penywyz (banned) (Posts: 255; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Maybe it's the rumored Moto Tablet that I am dying to see!
17. rabidhunter (Posts: 90; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
Four options on the table:
1. The production name for the Moto DVX (20% confidence)
2. The Nova, a Phablet (40%)
3. A new tablet from Moto (10%)
4. A smart watch Aka Gem (30%)
19. jjong2 (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Holy god people. Cmon stop with these "google" , "gold" crap. Remember Moto's CEO said that there will be another version for europe and asia. Maybe "G" stands for "Global". If there is a global variant of Moto X aka Moto G i will hold my money for that. I really want to see that smartphone comming to Europe