Motorola exec says all current smartwatches are "pretty crappy"
1. joey_sfb (Posts: 3127; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Including the ones made from motorola for the past few years?
He should just shut up!
3. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
No kidding, its a whole lot of talk for no device yet.
19. Sauce (unregistered)
He is right though, whether you and your fanboys want to accept the fact or not.
18. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 865; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
And like magic, it's still a fantasy at this point. At least Motorola announced it and showed a prototype.
22. Ashoaib (Posts: 2379; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Looking like a future telling device... reminded me of dumble dore's pot in which he throws his memories
2. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yes he is right when you compared 360 to other smartwatches others looks crappy
5. FoxDavis (Posts: 45; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Not sure I really like the look of this round one to be honest. It's probably crappy too
6. shahrooz (Posts: 190; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
Guys, we have to give it to them, theirs really make other smartwatches look crappy in terms of style and appearance.
13. TheMan (Posts: 417; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Have to agree there. I'd want my watch to be a smart-looking accessory, as well as smart device
7. darkskoliro (Posts: 995; Member since: 07 May 2012)
I would agree. Can't wait to see what 360 will bring. I'm not even remotely interested in any smart watches in the market atm.
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3620; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
A shoephone would be more practical than a smartwatch in many ways.
12. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 390; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
Feel free to name those many ways.
14. Scott93274 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Someone has apparently never seen the show "Get Smart"...
10. willard12 (Posts: 869; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
In terms of style and appearance I'd pick Movado over Motorola. In a smartwatch, functionality should matter. Since Motorola first posted a video of the 360 two months ago, I've been anxious to see what the watch can actually do and not just how it looks.
20. Sauce (unregistered)
Movado is one of my most favorite watch makers ever.
15. Scott93274 (Posts: 1299; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
So, I love the way the Moto 360 looks, it's definitely better looking than anything else on the market... That being said, Who's to say if its functionality will be on par with what Pebble or Galaxy Gear series offers? I guess that the LG phone that's supposed to beat the 360 to market will be a bit of a preview of Android Wear, but I'm fearful that this accessory will end up being little more than a fancy alternative to the notification LED on the front face of the phone, notifying the users of texts, missed calls, and emails.
25. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I agree....looks is one thing, functionality is another.
I use this alot in Android vs iPhone, Android vs WP debates.
16. a_merryman (Posts: 716; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Tablet = new product category for Moto? What about the Moto Xoom?
21. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2686; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Motorola hasn't made a tablet in over 2 years, since before the Google acquisition. So at this point, making a tablet would be a new category for the company. Same goes for HTC, which hasn't made a tablet in 3 years.
23. John2014 (Posts: 37; Member since: 14 Jan 2014)
I don't need too many things. Just need time and weather and notification. That's enough. I want to use this for instead of normal watch.
24. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Dem's fighting words!!!! Be prepared to back it up Moto...