Motorola DROID BIONIC commercial leaks, shows no sign of the phone but confirms September launch
At the 28 second mark you will see a QR code briefly flicker on and off the screen. So far, no one has been able to scan it to see what comes up. If you happen to be able to successfully do so, please drop us a comment in the box below. Also feel free to comment on the ad. Is it up to the same quality as the original Motorola DROID spots, or are we looking at something that reminds you of those impossible to decipher Palm Pre ads? Perhaps if we could just hear the audio more clearly, we could get a better grasp of what the message is.
1. But wait (unregistered)
Argh I've been waiting to long..... this is killing me
2. wazoo (unregistered)
is it just me or did that look like a clip from terminator or something? Looks so 80's...hope thats not a sign of releasing an obsolete handset.......
3. xmrrushx (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
now that i remeber my password
Argh I've been waiting to long..... this is killing me. Im about to chuck my current phone out the window!
4. Joshing4fun (Posts: 965; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Ugh... Verizon has been slacking so much lately. I don't even feel that excited for this phone anymore. I'm almost tired of it already and it's not even out yet.
5. You didn't see that?? (unregistered)
Theres a QR hidden in the video..
6. Sniggly (Posts: 6200; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Okay, I wanna see how the ad campaign develops for the phone now. It looks about as epic as the old Droid ads used to be.
8. E.N. (Posts: 2216; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I agree and I'm not looking forward to it, lol. Guess I have to prepare myself for Drooiiiid and DroidDoes. Fun times
9. Sniggly (Posts: 6200; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, I can't say I expect the Droid marketing to apply to everyone. The original Droid ads very obviously targeted the counter culture crowd, and since then have really delved into the "sci fi badass robot" themes. Right up my alley, but not everyone's. And I'm okay with that. :)
36. Da_Miz (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i think it was pretty epic.... nothing like a hot girl in leather with weapons....
42. StillStuckWithDroid (Posts: 65; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
nice homo avatar..... why don't you go back o your little iPhone threads and leave talking about real phones to the big boys huh?
14. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
what the hell are you talking about? did you finally lose it guy? xD
31. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
You're a guy as well, so quit trying to say it as an insult.
40. PeterIfromsweden (Posts: 1230; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Miz, what on earth is turtles and frogs about ?
23. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Only Sniggles can resort to a childish retort "I like turtles." hoping it's supposed to stop me from commenting. It won't. Keep posting your turtle comments, but I will keep being myself and giving my opinion.
27. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it looks to me like you're the one that said it first. he's just playing the game. :P
34. Sniggly (Posts: 6200; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You know what else is childish? Having that profile pic and then claiming you're straight.
After all, the mature thing to do would be to stop acting like a Republican politician and admit that you're ga.y. Like I said before, we'll still love you all the same. :)
49. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
You know what's even childish - claiming I'm *** just because I have a profile pic of the miz.
And Sniggly, I assure you i'm not ***. Course, I don't want you to have any idle thoughts about me now.
12. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Oooo! a Bionic Ninja Lady! i was hoping for that in the Bionic ads! ;D
Verizon has it down when it comes to marketing Droids. it's the secret behind their success with Android. they're the ones that made it cool to actually NOT have an iPhone and to try something new with some mighty big bark and see if it actually has the bite to back it up and 7 Droids later we say yes..yes it does. ;]
i tried scanning the QR code myself. i can't get the Youtube video to pause on a frame where the code isn't cut off a little at the top.
16. Sniggly (Posts: 6200; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
If someone was a good enough artist, they could draw the code and see what comes up.
18. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
it'd be funny if someone messed up and the finished code took you to a site full of pron. xD
37. Da_Miz (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
so... it wasnt supposed to do that.... oh boy...
17. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
SGS2 FTW! YES I AM A SGS2 TROLL AND FANBOY LOL LOL BIONIC SUX LYKE OMFG.
I also like turtles.
20. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i think it's great you like turtles though. i'm totally with you there. c:
21. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2800; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
52. louin (unregistered)
OK, you've watched Pulp Fiction one to many times.
35. bay (unregistered)
Too late, Moto...Vigor is already here...
38. Da_Miz (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
it's definately gonna be a tough fight for moto but they can hold their own if they get dev support.... sgs2,vigor, rev2, prime are all coming out this quarter....
45. skymitch89 (Posts: 925; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I'd love to watch it, but now it says that the video has been removed because it "violates YouTube's terms of service".
46. J (unregistered)
The code brings you to a VZW site to sign up for email alerts for the Bionic.
51. louin (unregistered)
OK, so none of you are getting it. They are asking about the ad. What does having a woman's head cut off have to do with selling phones. Obviously Verizon has a very misogynistic advertising agency and marketing director.