Microsoft patents augmented reality glasses that recognize items
The glasses will also merge the real and virtual world. This means that when you play a virtual game at home while wearing them, the glasses recognize real word obstacles like a chair or a table, and show them on the screen so that you can avoid them.
The interesting thing is that this patent pretty much confirms that Microsoft is working on a competitor to Google Glass. Back in November 2012, word first slipped out that Microsoft was working on connected specs. Nearly a year later, the rumor came up again. Now, with the publication of this patent application, it would seem that the crew in Redmond is working hard on its own pair of augmented reality smart glasses.
Microsoft patent for augmented reality smart glasses will recognize objects
1. Patent will allow smart glasses to warn the user if a car poses a threat
2. Patent merges the real and virtual world on a pair of connected specs, so that real word obstacles appear in a virtual game
source: Patentscope via WMPoweruser
1. sriuslywtf (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Damn.. Good one MS. Please don't forget the battery life and proper pricing..
You may be late for Smart Phone, but if you price this smart glasses right unlike google..
you may pass google glass!
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3632; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Dumb gimmick glasses to gather data for Microsoft. The tech industry, Google included, has lost their way.
4. james.blunt.1973 (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 Dec 2013)
Microsoft is number 1 in AI, first Bing predictions then Cortana object recognition, then...
6. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3632; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The only AI that Microsoft is #1 in is Artificial Insemination.
5. wilsong17 (Posts: 1070; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Doesn't glass of an app for recognizing things