Microsoft patents Inconspicuous Mode to save us from ourselves
1. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Isn't this something like Motorola's smart actions?
2. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Action based on GPS location....check.
Environmental ones....not sure. I dont use Smart Actions anymore. This MS thing might be like a combo of different apps, features. I think Samsung and other apps has something where the phone does something when its plced on its face.
Environmental checks would be a nice thing...
3. jroc74 (Posts: 5192; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I know with SA....you can set it to turn stuff off when the display dims... I could just set it to turn Airplane Mode on, turn volume down.
4. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
"Not a bad idea, overall, but not something the USPTO necessarily should have decided was a patentable idea either. "
i wonder if this was said when apple patented round corners on a smartphone? my guess is no.
5. buccob (Posts: 1542; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Llama for Android is the best at automation. The UI might not be as good as Tasker or Locale, but it is more powerful than the later and it is free.