Jay-Z drops his Apple iPhone for what we assume is a Samsung Galaxy S4
The rapper as entrepreneur model started years ago with Sean Combs, but Jay-Z might do it even better. His deal with Samsung allows 1 million Galaxy device owners to download the new Magna Carta Holy Grail album 72 hours before it drops in stores.
Comparing a couple of tweets sent by Jay-Z, one from April before the deal was announced and the second one just days before the deal was announced, we can see that Jay-Z did indeed drop his Apple iPhone for an Android model. Which one? We'd guess that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is now the phone in Jay-Z's hand.
source: @alucci via AllThingsD
15. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
So? SO?! Don't you not understand what this means for Android?! This is the next huge step for Android and Samsung's technology and features!!! Duh!
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
13. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
............................you must be bored
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
they pay him alot of money and he drop his other phone
5. paulyyd (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
Lol how can you guess the s4 out of all the android phones on the market right now...
6. mi55u (unregistered)
at least Samsung phone, its very obvious tho...
9. SkOne (Posts: 91; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Because Jay-Z signed a $20,000,000.00 deal with Samsung?!?!?
7. hms2407 (Posts: 94; Member since: 25 Apr 2013)
haha even jay-z thinks that the new innovative ios 7 is ugly....apple=fail
17. zibbyzib2000 (Posts: 218; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Yes... of course THAT is the reason he switched. It didn't have anything to do with the $20 million dollar endorsement deal.
19. Cellphonator12 (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
LOL, with $20 million I would go back using my 30 years old Walkie-Talkie if you ask me!
8. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1463; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Roc- a - fella records ...you mean Rockefeller records?
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 714; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Give me 20 million $, and I will even use Kin 1 or Kin 2............
16. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
hahaha oh my god the kin! I forgot about that thing
11. dapsta (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Who is smarter, the chumps who pay companies for their products then spend all their time reading and have fanboy fights about them online, or the person the companies pays top dollar to use their products and not even formally announce it?
20. threeline (Posts: 264; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
Way to call them out! People defend these companies on here like they own them.
12. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Nas will downgrade to an iPhone just to re-start his feud with Jay-Z.
14. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 904; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
My goodness, if this deal and it's marketing are done correctly this will make for incredible marketing for Samsung, Jay-Z is very influential, you just need to ask a few nightclubs how much of those Ace of Spades bottles they sell every weekend.
23. Topcat488 (Posts: 1227; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Personally, I don't like jayz, but if Samsung feel they need to give him money, more power to them. But they were doing well without him so far. The saga begins... Antichrist meets far east.
24. DibelDibil (Posts: 27; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
"I'm from where the hammer's rung, news cameras never come
You and your man's hung in every verse in your rhyme
Where the grams is slung, n****s vanish every summer
Where the blue vans would come, we throw the work in the can and run
Where the plans was
to get funds
and skate off the set"