Is your Facebook app for iOS consistently crashing after the new update? You are not alone
Unfortunately, v6.7 seemed to cause a lot of users to experience a continuous crash loop of sorts, making the app unusable. Fortunately, Facebook gives iOS lots of love, and v6.7.1 was released today to fix those bugs.
Unfortunately (again), for now, it appears that the update is simply not downloadable by users that want to take advantage of the noted “bug fixes” in the latest update. It is probably only a temporary issue, and if you are impatient, you might try the “update all” option, though that does not seem to be a complete solution.
If you have been experiencing problems with your iOS Facebook application, let us know in the comments below. For those that are deeply troubled by this development, use the mobile site on your browser. It is a capable alternative, and should tide you over until this issue passes.
source: Redmond Pie
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Wait, an app for ios crashes? I was sure that only Android apps crash. /everyapplefanever.
3. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
7. criticism (Posts: 46; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
It was really an interesting post that was not much reflected in many portals!
20. Ninetysix (Posts: 2144; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Oohhh..I Love links! Here's an updated article.
23. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1. In your link,
'Overall, the Android apps that use Crittercism have a 1.76% crash rate, while iOS apps have a 1.98% crash rate' - Still so far, Android has far less crash rate than ios.
2. The study also marks with every new ios the app crash is more until 3rd or 4th update. So by that logic ios 7 would've lot of crashes. So I don't think there would be any new good news for ios users on that front.
3. Facebook is almost on all ios devices and used by the masses extensively. So if these figures are added to study undertaken it wouldn't be a very rosy picture for Timy in Cupertino.
4. Lastly, the study also sites the worst Android version was gingerbread. And if you look at the latest figures Gingerbread's market share has decreased dramatically. So, that should improve the crash rate % in near future.
28. Ninetysix (Posts: 2144; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You forgot to quote the part after it said "However". You must be upset the link you posted got the tables turned.
31. tech2 (Posts: 3143; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I don't think you know how phrases works. In plain words, the article says, yes ios has improved on its crash rate (since ios 6's debut) yet it has higher OVERALL crash rate than android.
I didn't see any 'tables turning' statistics.
P.S. No need to take under-the-belt shots if you lack respect for someone who doesn't agree with you.
42. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 771; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
LOL...U failed to make your point again..
Read the article again..
8. improv (Posts: 96; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
This is probably a problem with the Facebook application rather than the OS.
14. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Yes except apple approves every single app on their app store. Apparently they screwed up - who knew.
29. nestea (unregistered)
yes, however itself OS has more bugs, glitches forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1644922
4. Gadgetex (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Nov 2013)
If you use Facebook on an iPad without downloading the application you will also find that it has many problems and crashes frequently. Why?? Because they make it very user unfriendly so that you download their application so that they can steal your personal info lol..
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1669; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Same thing on WP, exept the official Facebook app is awful, too.
9. ThePython (Posts: 783; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Meanwhile the Android version crashes once every ten minutes.
12. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Crashing is caused by the app developer, not the OS. Facebook just have lazy programmers, and that's reflected by the lousy three-star rating on the Play Store.
15. taikucing (unregistered)
Are you sure? Mine works stable in ICS 4.0.4 in a random cheap Chinese phone with 512 MB RAM.
The most expensive crap isn't supposed to crash constantly.
13. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
They're so right to choose Infinite Loop as their HQ.
17. diddymies (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Wow , for me it was released yesterday but just delete fb app and download again 6.7.1
18. Shubham412302 (Posts: 403; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
better type touch.Facebook.com in address bar
19. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Who uses facebook these days anyway, I stopped using facebook earlier this year
35. darkkjedii (Posts: 17555; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bro Facebook had just hit like a billion users. It's popularity is at an all time high. I use it a lot? After PA, and musculardevelopment.com it's the site I visit most. You don't use at all anymore?
36. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
meh, I spend most of my time on twitter and instagram
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 17555; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I feel u, Instagram hasn't taken hold of me yet.
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 17555; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Facebook has never worked well on iOS, no matter how much they update it. I don't even trip about it, just a poor performing app with tons of great features. That and USA Today, just don't work well.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i had this problem so i just uninstalled/reinstalled the app. easy peasy.
43. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 771; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Facebook app on every platform is terrible... idiot facebook developers