Instagram update blocks Instance and other apps that offer third party uploads
"There's no need in being mad at Instagram. It's their service and they have very right to hold the keys. I'm just trying to pick the lock. I'm very sorry to everyone that bought the app and can't upload. I'm doing my best to fix the problem."-Daniel Gray
While Gray is obviously disappointed, he says that he holds no grudges against Instagram and his main concern is for those who bought his Instance app from the Windows Phone Store for $1.49. He also has a Pinterest client for the platform called Pinsation. While Windows Phone users might end up having to wait for an official Instagram client, the Nokia Lumia 1020 comes with Instagram rival Oggl on board.
1. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 307; Member since: 07 May 2012)
then make an official app and stop b!tching!!!
11. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Seems like they are intentionally c0ckblocking 3rd party apps and yet not making an official app.
2. karim77 (Posts: 64; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Why don't they finish all this up by making an app that will end all these problems once and for all
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 7619; Member since: 14 May 2012)
That's bogus. If I paid $1.49 and I can't use the app anymore, I'd be pissed. Instragtam needs to hurry up and release the app on WP8 already. No excuse.
5. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Instagram why you so evil ?
7. quesoesgrande (Posts: 217; Member since: 03 Aug 2011)
Why do you think? FACEBOOK OWNS THEM!
8. risee2 (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 May 2011)
I don't see how adding pics through a third party site is spam. Instagram needs to make the app available for Windows Phone or partner with a site that allows us to share pics. So I wasted my money buying those third party apps.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3197; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
He is right.... It is their site. If they choose to close off 3rd party apps, WP users loose, but it is their right.
I keep hearing an actual app is coming. I hope that is true. I do not use it, but it is on the short list of apps that are asked for.
12. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I really dont know whats taking these large companies to produce their apps for other platforms. Hmm. It's not like they dont have enough programmers go produce it right?
15. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 835; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Instagram stayed small for a long time for a reason. They were exclusively on iOS for a long time for a reason. I'm not sure how much Facebook's ownership has changed their dynamic, but they did not want demand to overwhelm their system and compromise any user's experience.
14. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
well who cares , i dont use instance \instagram alot. Bt this thing is really awkward.....
16. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I understand blocking third party apps. Its instagrams service and if they don't want it on a platform it happens. But why punish users? My pics are still available for me to see but anyone viewing my profile gets squat. Not even the pictures I posted on the official instagram when I had a galaxy are visible. All the users want is to use their service and we get punished for it?
17. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1109; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
nokia parterned an app that can upload photos to instagram. i forgot the name, hipstamatic i think.. or oggl
18. ItsMyChoice (Posts: 37; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Try instagraph. it is working fine with upload pic.
19. Muzhhur (Posts: 241; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I dont care if instagram never came to WP platform