Huawei and ZTE announce plans to deploy a 5G network on Mars by 2020
Eventually, China's 5G Martian efforts will reach the planet's famous polar ice caps as well. By then, the companies estimated, Mars' 5G network infrastructure should be fully operational and the majority of available spectrum allocated between the highest-bidding Earth carriers. The two telecoms promised that Mars' 5G network will offer the same astonishing speeds as its Earthly counterpart. However, they admitted that future subscribers in specific areas, such as the 22km-tall Olympus Mons, will have to rely on flying drones for coverage, which might result in slight speed drops – anywhere between 0.5 to 1Gbps, depending on weather conditions. While this was being discussed, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg chimed in via Google Hangouts to congratulate Huawei and ZTE for “bringing the power of the Internet” to “the next billion Martian people”, and voiced his desire to get involved with "the drone part".
Mars' 5G network will offer the same astonishing speeds as its Earthly counterpart
The two representatives declined to answer questions about how, exactly, they will accomplish building the necessary infrastructure. Naysayers have already begun debating whether the press conference was a staged April Fools event.
1. Duketytz (Posts: 514; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Hahaha we are still missing out on Sony for their April fool's joke!
5. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3178; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
LOL there it is!
9. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1387; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
What if Sony's April fool joke is sorry all Z2 have been destroyed due to a plant explosion.... and turn out to be real o.O
15. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1387; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Just joking here :P Getting my Z2 today when I pick up my mom from the airport. My cousin bought one for me in Taiwan. I think I'm lucky enough to have family member in Taiwan right now :D
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3178; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
GAAH SO LUCKY! Maybe I should check out some Taiwanese eDating sites and hope somebody brings me a Z2 lol.
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1387; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Haha or you could get one on eBay from a Taiwanese sellers. :P
21. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3580; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Do taiwan and US bandwidth match?
22. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1387; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yes and even compatible with AT&T's LTE as well
6. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 426; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Better than Nick T's, I wonder if Michael has anything planned for today...
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3580; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Man these days people take april fool day too seriously. This one crossed all borders.
10. chebner (Posts: 146; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Damn Martians! They get all the cool stuff first. Guess I'll have to move in with my best friend Marvin.
19. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 772; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Who wants to announce a product on April Fools?
17. tokuzumi (Posts: 332; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
When I first read the title, I was thinking "WTF?" Then, I thought about the date, and my brain did a "Calm down, bro."